Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Refreshing Radio

Refreshing Radio

Listening to the game tonight was actually very nice. I am a GG basher, so it was nice to not hear him tonight. But other than that, Joe was surprisingly still good at calling the game. Sure he couldn't pronounce anyone's name, but oh well. Great call on Griffey's HR though "STAY FAIR BALL, STAY FAIR...HOMERUN!!!" That was good.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: Refreshing Radio

I am a huuuuuge Marty fan, but I must admit tonight's game was a fun one to listen to as well....sure Joe will mispronounce names...Torrealba...but what the heck...and I love Joes' home run call for Junior...the only complaint I would have is Steve tried to jam in too many promos in a row...but thats probably because the wont have Joe read any...im looking forward to the next three on wlw and will listen in the stands on saturday....

When I knew I had to listen to Joe and Steve together today I thought I was in for a rough one, but it wasn't bad.

I thought Steve's question to Joe about what it's like to be on a team when a big trade went down was a great question. That's what I miss about ol' Joe on the radio, the pure experience he had, and none of the Tracy Jones ego.

I loved Joe's call of Griffey's HR

It was GREAT hearing Joe tonight, ENOUGH said. ("Rounding 3rd and heading for home")
    Last edited by goreds2; 07-14-2006 at 09:16 AM.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Joe's voice on the radio puts me back at 12 years old playing ball in the yard while listening to the game. I really miss Joe doing the games.

GL

I missed the game last night, but I'm going to be turning in. Marty is on vacation through the weekend, right? Really looking forward to hearing a few games without Marty's tired act.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    I missed the game last night, but I'm going to be turning in. Marty is on vacation through the weekend, right? Really looking forward to hearing a few games without Marty's tired act.
    Marty arrives back on the 18th.

This morning, the XM MLB Home Plate Channel replayed Joes call of Griffey's homerun last night. (very good national exposure for Joe!)
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?