Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whether you like the trade or not...

Whether you like the trade or not...

...be happy we don't have a bozo GM who says things like this: "We see Alfonso Soriano at No. 1 and Lopez two, and they are both capable of stealing bases. If they both get on, they might double steal."
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Whether you like the trade or not...

LMAO.

I am guessing Bowden said that.

But, I've heard that Soriano is going over to the Angels. At least that is what was said on SportsCenter last night.

We do however have a GM that said on Lance's show yesterday how he was excited about 2B Brendan Harris because he went down to AAA to learn how to be a catcher. He was touted as an old school player who can play 1st, 2nd, SS, 3rd, and now catcher.

I would rather my GM be talking about two guys who are actually going to make a difference for my team playing everyday than talking about how a 25 yr old 2B went to AAA to learn to catch. What does that say about Harris as a player that he had to go learn a new position when he already could play 4 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken
    At least that is what was said on SportsCenter last night.
    Then it must be true.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Sanchez
    We do however have a GM that said on Lance's show yesterday how he was excited about 2B Brendan Harris because he went down to AAA to learn how to be a catcher. He was touted as an old school player who can play 1st, 2nd, SS, 3rd, and now catcher.
    ... and thinks that Royce Clayton actually brings something useful to a team. He is the SS version of Tony Womack.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Haha

Well, Krivsky has something planned. And I am sure that it's not Royce Clayton at Shortstop. I believe, personally, that he's brewing up a trade with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    ... and thinks that Royce Clayton actually brings something useful to a team. He is the SS version of Tony Womack.
    He's the SS version of the little dutch boy's finger too... a temporary wad of toilet paper in the crack of the wall.

Haha

Well, Krivsky has something planned. And I am sure that it's not Royce Clayton at Shortstop. I believe, personally, that he's brewing up a trade with someone.
    Interesting because in the interview he gave Lance yesterday the purpose in getting Clyton was to play SS the rest of the season. He talked about how much of an upgrade Clayton was as a defender and a team leader. He had nothing but great things to say about Clayton who is your new Cincinnati Reds SS.

Well, Krivsky has something planned.
    I'm sure WK is getting a ton of calls today to see if he's still playing Santa Claus.

I have to think that Phillips will be the shortstop in 2007 with Olmedo manning 2nd base.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    I have to think that Phillips will be the shortstop in 2007 with Olmedo manning 2nd base.
    In ST maybe, Rey Olmedo will probably never be a FT MLB player.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    He's the SS version of the little dutch boy's finger too... a temporary wad of toilet paper in the crack of the wall.
    Not that I am panning the trade in whole, but Clayton's now roughly 10% of the dam on any given day.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    ...be happy we don't have a bozo GM who says things like this: "We see Alfonso Soriano at No. 1 and Lopez two, and they are both capable of stealing bases. If they both get on, they might double steal."
    I don't get this.. Why is touting Lopez's and Soriano's speed stupid? They're both good basestealers. Bowden knows how to say what the majority of causal fans want to hear. If he gave a 10 minute statistical analysis of Lopez, most casual fans would fall asleep, even if that information is more useful. Remember, we are in the top 1% of hardcore fans, we are not the audience Bowden is talking to.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    I'm sure WK is getting a ton of calls today to see if he's still playing Santa Claus.
    Yes, I can only imagine the absurd offers he's now getting for additional pitching.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong
    Not that I am panning the trade in whole, but Clayton's now roughly 10% of the dam on any given day.

GL
    I know, I know... Woody Woodward says hello, Sparky Adams too.

It's not the first time the franchise has cut their legs off by jettisoning a SS without a FT step in of quality.

One thing's for sure.. the next month should be interesting, not as awe inspriring interesting as the nightly Bull Pen explosion from earlier this season (I hope.)

Mets coming up next week and then the Astros... Early August is the Dodgers and then 7 against the Cardinals.

This team could be face down in the pool in 30 days and this trade will be the main cause in most of the autopsy, even though the patient was already terminal.

Turn Off Ads?