Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Coming Soon to a Getaway Day Near You...The All Scrappy Professional Defensive Lineup

Coming Soon to a Getaway Day Near You...The All Scrappy Professional Defensive Lineup

You just know that one of these days, Narron's gonna run something like this out there...

Admit it, you want to see it, just for the sheer atrocity of it all.

LF Freel
    3B Castro
    RF Denorfia
    2B Aurilia
    1B Hatteberg
    C LaRue
    CF Wise
    SS Clayton

The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Coming Soon to a Getaway Day Near You...The All Scrappy Professional Defensive Lineup

While I wouldn't endorse this as the regular line-up, I'll bet that team can win a game or two. Do you want to call it the "wet noodle" line-up?

Re: Coming Soon to a Getaway Day Near You...The All Scrappy Professional Defensive Lineup

That lineup might stand a chance in the AAA all star game. Or if they were playing the Royals (nevermind).
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

That reminds me of the time I went to a game and there were three guys with uniform numbers in the 60s starting.

Re: Coming Soon to a Getaway Day Near You...The All Scrappy Professional Defensive Li

Quote Originally Posted by LawFive
    You just know that one of these days, Narron's gonna run something like this out there...

LF Freel
    3B Castro
    RF Denorfia
    2B Aurilia
    1B Hatteberg
    C LaRue
    CF Wise
    SS Clayton

after Dunn is traded for a startin pitcher, Jr gets hurt and EE is sent down that could almost be an everyday lineup.

The only way that lineup works is if Eric Milton is pitching.

The lines should be 50 deep at the ticket window demanding money back from the Reds.

Thanks for sharing - now Narron's gonna write it down in Calligraphy. He might as well write it in hieroglyphics.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

LF Freel
    3B Castro
    RF Denorfia
    2B Aurilia
    1B Hatteberg
    C LaRue
    CF Wise
    SS Clayton

It's hideous and yet, I...I can't look away.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Roster glue

Clayton would be batting second.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    That reminds me of the time I went to a game and there were three guys with uniform numbers in the 60s starting.
    I live in Atlanta, and I came up to visit over Labor Day a few years ago. Dad got some tickets to the game, and boy was I excited as a life long fan, to come see the new stadium.

I think that was the game you are referring too I mean I follow the team as closely as I can from Georgia, and I didn't know a few of those guys. The funniest part to me is I think the Mexican Madman Serafini was the starter....

Nothing can beat the Randy Johnson 20 strikeout game against the Reds in 2001.

Donnie Sadler batted leadoff followed by Juan Castro at #2.

That was a swell lineup.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

LF Freel
    3B Castro
    RF Denorfia
    2B Aurilia
    1B Hatteberg
    C LaRue
    CF Wise
    SS Clayton

You don't think Narron's already gone into Krivsky's office with this lineup card and said "please, please, please Wayne, just once?"

Then he probably put it up on the ceiling above his bed, or tucked it under his pillow.

The thought of the over-whelming veteran presence, aura, and defensive slickness in that line-up would overwhelm fans and the media alike in the stadium that night - creating a bright glow over the stadium that would envelope everyone inside, and fill us all with a spirit so strong - that it would literally will the Reds to win the game against even the most powerful foe.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed
    It's hideous and yet, I...I can't look away.
    I don't know. I think I'd like to see just to show the doom and gloomers here that there is more than one way to win a ballgame. What the heck! I'll go out on a ledge and say do it on a day Milton pitches. The angsts might be fun to watch.

Never going to happen.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    ... was there a certain number 50 on the team at that time?

Folks, it's in jest.

Have a little fun.

Just because you can't see the (vain) humor, is not a reason to neg me.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Turn Off Ads?