Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What inspired your avatar?

Re: What inspired your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Fletch: Hey, you and Tommy LaSorda!
    Chief Karlin: Yeah.
    Fletch: I hate Tommy LaSorda!

Records Nurse: Can I get you something?
    Fletch: Yeah, do you have the Beatles' White Album? Never mind, just get me a glass of hot fat. And bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia while you're out there.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Look up Arlie Latham some time. Nicknamed "The Freshest Man on Earth," he is definitely one of the more interesting characters of early professional baseball.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Retired

Mine is Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    Mine is Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
    Which is just a great cartoon BTW.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Ernie Lombardi, one of the greatest hitting catchers of all time.

Wallace Stevens: sold insurance and wrote poetry.

Plunge on.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Ahem!

Hey I wondered if my comment would get a rise out of anyone! There are some sites on the Web where the "American-made" jab would've gotten me pounded.

You're not going to get any argument out of me on Hondas, GAC. My first car was a 1985 Prelude and will always be my all-time favorite car. Drove that thing 140,000 miles and got full retail book for it at an auto auction from a dealer buying it for his daughter!

We bought a new Sienna minivan a couple of weeks ago, but that and the Odyssey were the only two in contention. We looked long and hard at the Odyssey before deciding on the Sienna, mainly because we thought it looked more youthful and sleek.

Anyway, back to the original point of the thread.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

White Castle to the Nile Crash Davis's Avatar

Was Jose Rijo ever anything less than entertaining?

Great quotes, fantastic teammate, fun with mascots and fans, dominant World Series, one the most impressive comebacks in baseball history.

I couldn't find a picture of Tom Browning sitting on the rooftop outside Wrigley dangling his legs and drinking a beer. When I saw this one with Rijo and the cigar, it was the next best thing.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis
    Was Jose Rijo ever anything less than entertaining?

Great quotes, fantastic teammate, fun with mascots and fans, dominant World Series, one the most impressive comebacks in baseball history.

I couldn't find a picture of Tom Browning sitting on the rooftop outside Wrigley dangling his legs and drinking a beer. When I saw this one with Rijo and the cigar, it was the next best thing.
    That picture of Browning is priceless, almost as good as the one of Rijo shooting fans in the front row with the giant Super Soaker squirt gun.

What I really want to find are some old Lou Pinella blow up video clips. Those were just priceless. Nothing brings a smile to the face quite like watching ol' Sweet Lou standing there kicking dirt on the umpire's shoes.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

This thread is going to look real funny 6 months from now then all of the avatars have changed!

One of the coolest pictures from one of the best baseball movies ever.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    This thread is going to look real funny 6 months from now then all of the avatars have changed!
    I thought about that, too!

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Mitch Hedberg is my favorite comedian.

RIP, buddy.
    He passed away just a couple of days before I was to see him perform on or near my birthday.

The guy was just hilarious.

I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run. He's fuzzy. Get outta here.
    Sorry to get off-track.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I did an image search on Yahoo and found this patch that someone had sold on eBay. I copped the image because it was a nice vintage Reds patch.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I think someone commented on Phillips looking like Bip Roberts, or reminding them of him or something along those lines, so I found a pic and yada, yada, yada...

I could be smoking crack though, I don't know.

Turn Off Ads?