Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do?

What Would You Do?

Last edited by GAC; 09-08-2006 at 06:44 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What Would You Do?

Cry!!

If you asking what would I do if I was the kid in the photo:
    Point at the little brother and say "HE DID IT", shake your head slowly in disapproval of 'your brothers actions', then get an evil smile as the attention turns towards him.

If you asking what would I do if I walked in and saw this:
    - Well you don't want to yell, thereby causing the kids to run to their room.
    - You should point out to the kids that they failed to prepare to paint the room properly since they didn't use blue tape.
    - Might be wise to call the FBI and report these terrorists, especially the one smiling over his dastardly deeds.
    - Point out to the wife that you warned her that Trading Spaces just isn't the same since whats-her-name left.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Get new kids
    Go Gators!

I got this:
    Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they:

1. Eat less
    2. Don't ask for money all the time
    3 Are easier to train
    4. Normally come when called
    5. Never ask to drive the car
    6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends
    7. Don't smoke or drink
    8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions
    9. Don't want to wear your clothes
    10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and...
    11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children.
    emailed to me this weekend and I immediately thought of GAC's picture.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Man, I can't wait for school to start back up! Living in somewhat cramped quarters (only 1 bathroom), while we wait for the house rebuild, these kids (teenagers) are driving my wife and myself nuts!

Trying to convince them that it's not "all about them" right now, as we have tried to restore some normalcy to their lives, has proven frustrating. They don't get it.

"Dad, I'm geting bored with XBox and Game Cube!"

"Dad, my internet is not working"

Dad, I can't find anything to watch on Time Warner 200 channnels"

"My laptop needs more memory"

We live in the "heart" of Amish country here. They stop by on occassion selling baked goods and such.

I'd trade two of them right now for a homemade black raspberry pie and some Amish cheese.

Or maybe allowing them to go and live on an Amish farm for a week, and seeing the lives of those kids, would do it? It would kill them!
    Last edited by GAC; 07-17-2006 at 09:04 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

My brother did that same thing to my sister when he was that age. He repeated the feat a year later with peanut butter and jelly.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

1.) Save this picture.
    2.) Buy a new TV (a more expensive one)
    3.) Wait.
    4.) Wait some more.
    5.) Take it out of the kids first paychecks until the debt from the new more expensive TV is paid off.

That is what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    My brother did that same thing to my sister when he was that age. He repeated the feat a year later with peanut butter and jelly.
    When I was little, my mom says I made her "coffee". I poured sugar, floor, salt and whatever into the coffee perculator. The first day, it was "cute". The next day I added water. Mom says it wasn't cute that day.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Back in the day, my mother would say "I'm going to sell you to the Indians". Given incidents like this, I like to remind my mom that Native Americans are too aggrieved to have threatened inflicting me and my brothers on them.

I wouldn't take a picture of it first of all.

Second, what people keep paint out when KIDS are around.

Hopefully it wasn't exterior oil-based.

Finally, I know what those kids are going as during Halloween. Sheets are cheaper for ghost costumes.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

That kid is just grinning away...man, I'm not sure what I would do in that situation, but I can guarantee that if *I* had been the one who pulled this as a kid, I would have had "that smile wiped right off" (how many times did i hear this...good Lord...)
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Future Reds All Star

I'm really not sure but for my son's sake...I hope I am never faced with the situation to find out!

My son did something along these lines many years back when he was about 2.

I was watching a ball game and had fallen asleep so he had a couple hours worth of unattended time. He colored with his crayons on the living room walls and a 2 year old can accompish a whole lot of coloring in 2 hours. All 4 walls were pretty well covered with murals

When I came in the room, he saw the "oh. my. god." look on my face and burst out in tears and ran off and hid. After the initial shock wore off, I went and got my wife and said "take a look at this". She freaked while I started laughing. Pretty soon, she was laughing too.

We found my son under his bed and properly scolded him and let him know in no uncertain terms that we weren't happy about what he did. But mommy and daddy still loved him and we weren't going to kill him or anything. My son is 18 now and we still talk about it. I had to repaint the living room walls. However, I did learn and used the teflon-based paint for future artwork removal.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    Back in the day, my mother would say "I'm going to sell you to the Indians". Given incidents like this, I like to remind my mom that Native Americans are too aggrieved to have threatened inflicting me and my brothers on them.
    My parents made the same threat, but it was always the Gypsies instead of the Indians (of Cleveland?). One time my dad played a somewhat cruel joke on my sister when she was being particularly naughty. In front of my sister, he loaded me and my brother into the car, drove us to a friend's house and dropped us off. He then came back for my sister. When she asked where we had gone, he said "I sold them to the Gypsies." My sister got pretty upset, but then he told her what was really going on. He then picked us up and took us all for ice cream.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?