Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22k on Friday night?

22k on Friday night?

I realize the Rockies arent exactly a sexy draw, but 22k on a Friday night in the middle of July?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    bomarl1969

Re: 22k on Friday night?

People we really need to get to the stadium to support our Reds. Lets show the ownership, the team, and MLB that baseball is back in Cincinnati...time to show that the Reds are the pride of Cincinnati.

It's a travesty....and people actually complain about ownership boosting payroll. Disgraceful.

It was not Bobble Head night.

The losing skid before the break may have hurt them concerning attendance.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Hey! I was there... well it was with free company tickets (and parking pass).
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

What the Reds don't get in attendance, they make up for it in concessions, that's for sure.

It's lack of support not showing up to games, but it isn't any better when people leave during the 6th, 7th, and 8th innings of the game because we're down. You never know what is going to happen, and you may miss something memorable....why pay $20-30 a ticket, and leave after a half-game? It just boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Hey! I was there... well it was with free company tickets (and parking pass).
    And I was there too..with free seats from Kitty
    Go Gators!

I was there. Does Deno have range or WHAT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken
    What the Reds don't get in attendance, they make up for it in concessions, that's for sure.

It's lack of support not showing up to games, but it isn't any better when people leave during the 6th, 7th, and 8th innings of the game because we're down. You never know what is going to happen, and you may miss something memorable....why pay $20-30 a ticket, and leave after a half-game? It just boggles my mind.
    Almost everyone in my section left before the Friday night rally against the Tribe. Those of us who stayed to see Dunn hit the walk off grand slam will never forget that moment. Of course, the ones who left probably won't either.

I was in Tampa Bay last week and saw a D-Rays game. It was good, I was shocked. But the main thing that I enjoyed was the Free-Parking. The ownership did away with paying for parking, making the D-Rays the only team in Baseball to offer Free-Parking for all of their fans!!! Just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by DunnFan44
    I was in Tampa Bay last week and saw a D-Rays game. It was good, I was shocked. But the main thing that I enjoyed was the Free-Parking. The ownership did away with paying for parking, making the D-Rays the only team in Baseball to offer Free-Parking for all of their fans!!! Just a thought!
    Very Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan
    Almost everyone in my section left before the Friday night rally against the Tribe. Those of us who stayed to see Dunn hit the walk off grand slam will never forget that moment. Of course, the ones who left probably won't either.
    Not you but do you think a few more people stayed because of the post game fireworks that night?
    Last edited by goreds2; 07-15-2006 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    No you but do you think a few more people stayed because of the post game fireworks that night?
    I'm not sure how many people stayed, but if there were no fireworks that night, maybe 10,000 would've witnessed the comeback.

As for Friday nights attendence, its an embarrassment to only have 22K on a Friday night. I have always said that Cincy is not the baseball town as everyone says.

I think if the Reds put together another 6 game or above winning streak people will be back. Jury is still out on the Reds. History would justify this.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUredsFAN
    I'm not sure how many people stayed, but if there were no fireworks that night, maybe 10,000 would've witnessed the comeback.

As for Friday nights attendence, its an embarrassment to only have 22K on a Friday night. I have always said that Cincy is not the baseball town as everyone says.
    I am not trying to prove you wrong but were you at the June 30 game in which Dunn homered? (GO BUCKS!)

Fri., Jun. 30 Indians Fireworks Night presented by National City
    Ohio Lottery Fun Friday First 10,000 Fans 18 and Older
    Ohio Investigative Unit Player Cards first 5,000 fans 17 and younger

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...?c_id=cin#June

Turn Off Ads?