Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why?!

Re: Why?!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark
    Do not be surprised to find out that Edwin is not 100% healthy.
    Ankle sprains can take awhile, ankle sprains on a 3rd baseman with bad foot work and a tendancy to throw when his footwork is not proper is also bad and should/would cause said player to have a problem setting his feet with a bad ankle, thus increasing the chance for a bad throw, and all the fun stuff that comes with that.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Attack Cat!

To me, that's the only thing that makes sense. If EE needs time off because his ankle is still gimpy, then that's completely understandable.

But why won't Narron just say that in the press to confirm his sanity? All it would take is to drop an offhanded comment like "Edwin is still not quite 100% yet, we need to break him in slowly". I don't think that would be giving the opposition any real advantage.

If he's hurt, put him on the DL. It that simple IMO. He does little good sitting on the bench. If he can't play everyday in the 2nd half, the Reds are going to have to get another bat.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    If he's hurt, put him on the DL. It that simple IMO. He does little good sitting on the bench. If he can't play everyday in the 2nd half, the Reds are going to have to get another bat.
    He's already been on the DL and been through Rehab. Technically, part of ever player's rehab assignment is not to start EVERY DAY from just being activated.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Maybe he isnt going on the DL because he doesn't need 15 days to recover, and the Reds can't afford to not have him for 15 days.

He played 13 games in 12 days in Louisville, the ankle is fine.

I agree if Rich needs to play some bady, then play him at SS. With Kearns and Felipe gone we need Edwin's bat in the lineup everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    He played 13 games in 12 days in Louisville, the ankle is fine.

I agree if Rich needs to play some bady, then play him at SS. With Kearns and Felipe gone we need Edwin's bat in the lineup everyday.
    Unless he tweaked it late in his stint or early in his time back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken
    I agree on a few points from many people here:

Edwin's defense sucks. He is worse than Fe-Lo, and he gives the other team un-earned baserunners.
    The ONLY problem with EE's defense is his footwork which leads to the bad throws. His arm and range are well above average.

I don't think much of Narron as a manager but even I have to think EE isn't 100% at this point. I can't let myself believe he would be so incompetent as to consistently choose RA over EE if both were equally availible. NO ONE can be that stupid, can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D
    I don't think much of Narron as a manager but even I have to think EE isn't 100% at this point. I can't let myself believe he would be so incompetent as to consistently choose RA over EE if both were equally availible. NO ONE can be that stupid, can they?
    I guess that would put me in the category of "stupid" also.

Dan Driessen sat 3 or 4 years on the bench before he became a regular. I dont understand the "he's losing time and should be in the lineup" argument. If he splits time this year and gets it in his head to make the routine throw and not make an error every other game, then I've got no problem with how theyre bringing him along.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo
    Maybe he isnt going on the DL because he doesn't need 15 days to recover, and the Reds can't afford to not have him for 15 days.
    Then they shouldnt have brought him off the DL when they did.

Edwin is injured.

He suffers from a sevre case of Narronitis.

I hear it is a very painful injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Yep -- has to be the case.

Turn Off Ads?