Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting Pitcher On The Horizon?

Starting Pitcher On The Horizon?

The Reds have one sore spot remaining and that is the fifth starter. Joe Mays isn't the answer. Brandon Claussen remains an enigma and his first rehab assignment didn't inspire anyone.

So does Wayne overpay again to get that fifth starter? Nice thing is he hasn't been dipping into the farm system and trading key prospects that are the components to the farm system rebuilding process.

So who does he go after?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Starting Pitcher On The Horizon?

Trade one of those catchers and a prospect...I dont care which catcher you trade for another Arroyo type pitcher.

man I'm hoping they're showcasing aurilia because I'd hate it if they traded EE.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    man I'm hoping they're showcasing aurilia because I'd hate it if they traded EE.
    If they trade EE, I want someone to just kick me in the junk.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

How much hope is there of a catcher bringing an Arroyo-like pitcher, if Kearns and Lopez combined couldn't?

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat
    How much hope is there of a catcher bringing an Arroyo-like pitcher, if Kearns and Lopez combined couldn't?
    None, unless his name was Bench.

The O's send Daniel Cabrera down to AAA yesterday. I wouldn't mind inquiring about him. He has good stuff, but has trouble throwing strikes at times. His #'s this year are not anything to brag about, but if he couldn't help now...he could help in the future. I would, at least, like to see what they would want for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Should we set up a thread to find an official junk kicker? Because if EE does get traded I'm sure many, myself included, will feel that way.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    School's out. What did you expect?

Let me throw this idea out:

Reds trade Claussen and LaRue to the Phillies for RHP Jon Lieber and catcher Mike Liberthal.

The thinking: Even though the Reds don't need Lieberthal, they take his remainder of his contract in order to get out of LaRue's contract come 2007. Lieberthal will be a free agent at the end of the season. Can we say Claussen is the Austin Kearns of the pitching staff? A guy who hasn't lived up to his hype yet we keep waiting.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B
    Should we set up a thread to find an official junk kicker? Because if EE does get traded I'm sure many, myself included, will feel that way.
    That makes 3 of us.

Although I feel that Wayne is going to build the offense around Dunn and EE. I would be more worried if Narron was the GM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

We need a 3 starter not a 5th, Milton is the 5th.

Only things left to trade are in the minors.
    Go Gators!

Krivsky has shown he is bold. Could he be bold enough to go after John Smoltz? Two days ago I would have said, "No way", but now I'm not so sure. I would be afraid to speculate on what he might be willing to give, though.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Smoltz would turn us down...10-5
    Go Gators!

What could we get for larue. Surely someone needs a starting catcher and would be willing to give us something for him. If we could get a decent starter for him that would be great. Like maybe Odalis Perez from the dodgers. They really want to dump him. Yeh hes struggled alot, but maybe a change of scenery helps him turn it around. Make them pay for alot of his salary and it might work, of couse they have Hall, and Martin.

Turn Off Ads?