Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your ebay Feedback Score

Re: Your ebay Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21
    So, if you're in the market for a Dell on eBay, be sure to not purchase from Highlifeman21, since this handle has been hijacked.
    I'd never even associate with someone with a handle like that

My rep is about 40, but this is my third account. My other two also got screwed up. I had one account suspended because the guy had a 10,000 word description.. Hidden in there in fine print saying the item was not functional. I retracted my bid, and he went crying to ebay, who sided with him and revoked my account .
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just had a little tiff on eBay with a buyer (I sell DVD's and CDs I've watched or listened too, so I'm not an Ebay tycoon)...but he was mad I waited to give the buyer (him) feedback until he left my feedback...I told him it was simply to protect me and next thing I know he gives me positive feedback with a comment however that I held his feedback hostage.

Whats the proper ettiqute on this...I feel its debatable/and or just a difference in philosophy, but if someone doesn't leave me feedback, I don't care or whine...I just move on. That said, I wait until a buyer does leave me feedback, and I then ALWAYS give them awesome feedback.

I know his little remark won't hurt me at all, but I'm just annoyed.

Thoughts???

He's probably a cubs fan

Quote Originally Posted by wally post View Post
    He's probably a cubs fan

Yep.

I wonder who he got to type it for him.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I just had a little tiff on eBay with a buyer (I sell DVD's and CDs I've watched or listened too, so I'm not an Ebay tycoon)...but he was mad I waited to give the buyer (him) feedback until he left my feedback...I told him it was simply to protect me and next thing I know he gives me positive feedback with a comment however that I held his feedback hostage.

Whats the proper ettiqute on this...I feel its debatable/and or just a difference in philosophy, but if someone doesn't leave me feedback, I don't care or whine...I just move on. That said, I wait until a buyer does leave me feedback, and I then ALWAYS give them awesome feedback.
    The vast majority of buyers won't read the details of your feedback. I usually post seller feedback after my buyer does. Most sellers I've dealt with hold back their feedback until I posted mine, so AFAIK, you're in the majority.

It's definitely not worth a neg. If you're worried about people reading it, just keep in mind that it'll roll off of the front page of your feedback after a few transactions. Almost nobody bothers to read the second page.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The seller should leave feedback lastly. That's how it normally works, and my rating is 379 or so.

This is done becuase the seller has no true way of knowing that the buyer received the goods and is satisfied. In other words, the buyer is the first one to know that the transaction is complete.

Once the feedback is left and the seller knows all is good, then feedback should be left for the buyer.

A seller would be a fool to leave positive feedback before he knew the transaction was complete. Since ebay doesn't let anybody edit the feedback, the seller could look pretty stupid if positive feedback was left and the transaction soured later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    The seller should leave feedback lastly. That's how it normally works, and my rating is 379 or so.

This is done becuase the seller has no true way of knowing that the buyer received the goods and is satisfied. In other words, the buyer is the first one to know that the transaction is complete.

Once the feedback is left and the seller knows all is good, then feedback should be left for the buyer.

A seller would be a fool to leave positive feedback before he knew the transaction was complete. Since ebay doesn't let anybody edit the feedback, the seller could look pretty stupid if positive feedback was left and the transaction soured later.
    Thanks my thoughts exactly...a buyer can prove thru paypal/credit card records anything that is disputed.

Anything agaist the seller though, its my word vs theirs.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

I know his little remark won't hurt me at all, but I'm just annoyed.

Thoughts???
    First. According to eBay. Feedback isn't mandatory.

Also, according to eBay you should leave feedback for the buyer once he/she pays. DON'T DO IT.

Very few sellers do that, since reputation is far more important to the seller than to a buyer.

A buyer with a poor reputation can always "snipe" an auction at the last minute, since the only way to exclude bad buyers is to specifically state something in the auction (no newbs or x% rep required) or eliminate their bids and/or block them. Once an auction is over, you have to sell to them.

I recently had an "undesirable" buyer who sniped an auction. (dude gave out loads of negative rep...nitpicking for scratches or bumps) and contacted eBay to nullify the auction and couldn't. I sent him an email stating basically telling him I was on to him and that I had contacted eBay about him and offering a full refund if the item wasn't to his satisfaction. So...everything went fine.

I suggest:

1) State your feeback policy in you auctions or follow ups.. I usually tell buyers to leave feedback to know that the product arrived and checked out...and I'll do the same.

2) Comment on this guy's feedback. (He'll probably comment on yours...but what the heck). Neither you or he can change the rating of the feedback.

...BTW...I am ONEUPPER on eBay also, so bid with confidence!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

All dyslexics must untie!

324, my wife uses eBay a lot more than me, these days. It's all about the shipping costs...for anything "larger than a bread box" I'll look on craigslist first
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    ...BTW...I am ONEUPPER on eBay also, so bid with confidence!
    Can't, you don't have anything up right now.

I'm doing better selling through Amazon, I've got several books I've sold... It's been better than Ebay, but on the Bay I've got 11 feedback and a 100% positive.

I'm watching several items right now trying to decide if I want to buy them.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

I do ebay. It works for me - no weird stuff yet. 100 feedback / all positive.
    I have a drum set up for auction now and all proceeds (after shipping) will go to help my webmaster make a trip to Africa to help with AIDS awareness.

I'm at 278 with a 99.6% feedback. Most of that is from selling, but I haven't sold anything in about a year.

As I was trying to support my way through college, I got into selling concert tickets for about a year and a half. I started after I was able to buy a pair of Kenny Chesney tickets that I soon found I could sell for 5X face value. I also soon found out that it wasn't always that easy, although it did supplement my income nicely for a while. I never got into sporting events as it was just too hard for someone with limited resources, but I was able to use the tactics I learned to score some nice Reds opening day tickets.
    Last edited by jimbo; 08-18-2007 at 12:43 AM.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post
    Can't, you don't have anything up right now.

I'm doing better selling through Amazon, I've got several books I've sold... It's been better than Ebay, but on the Bay I've got 11 feedback and a 100% positive.

I'm watching several items right now trying to decide if I want to buy them.

I agree with you 100% on that. Amazon is WAY better for books, unless you are trying to sell a "lot". Easy (free) listing and listings last like 60 days. Pretty good for DVDs, too.

You're right about me not selling anything right now. I just do auctions to clean out my closet and drawers, from time to time.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Mine is 69. I've never sold anything on Ebay, so mine is from buying; but they all give me an A+ rating as a buyer....

Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended.

Thank you and god bless you! Very fast pay hope to do business again!

Super extreme fast pay ~~ A must for all

Paid very quickly by preferred method A++
    Last edited by GAC; 08-18-2007 at 07:23 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?