Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was this the big trade...

Was this the big trade...

I don't post much I just enjoy reading what everyone else has to say. Anyways, I read a few days back that Buster Olney mentioned the Reds were working out a deal that was just as big if not bigger than the A-Rod trade. Surely and hopefully this was not the trade he was talking about, even though I am starting to like the trade more and more. Does anyone know what that possible BIG trade could of been?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Was this the big trade...

I wonder if at one point they were talking of a 3 way trade possibly involoving the nationals and marlins, but that fell through so they just made a trade with the nationals.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

It was a rumored 3-way trade with Florida and Baltimore that would have brought Miguel Tejada and Dontrelle Willis to Cincinnati. I don't remember who else was purportedly involved.

I honestly think that the euphoria from that notion is what made the trade that finally did happen look so lame to some people.
    /r/reds

I think someone made the whole thing up. I don't think Olney ever said that, and I doubt there was ever a conversation close to the rumored deal.

I was listening to Baseball Prospetis (sp?) radio today and they were talking about the Reds having alot of interest in Migel Tejada and that they doubt the Wayne K is done dealing. It sounded to me like they thought that this deal was a precurser to a bigger deal down the road. They didnt mention any names in return for Tejada but just that they were pursuing him.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia
    I was listening to Baseball Prospetis (sp?) radio today and they were talking about the Reds having alot of interest in Migel Tejada and that they doubt the Wayne K is done dealing. It sounded to me like they thought that this deal was a precurser to a bigger deal down the road. They didnt mention any names in return for Tejada but just that they were pursuing him.
    Who's left that could bring back Tejada?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

The Post writer who linked Tejada to Grimsley, then recanted (I can't remember his name) said that Baltimore wants a top-of-the-rotation starter for Tejada. Unless he's talking future (Homer), and I don't think he is, the Reds can't help there (and no, I don't think Milton qualifies.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I dont know what Baltimore was looking for in return I just know they were talking about Tejada to the Reds. I doubt it happens but its nice to be involved in trade rumors.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Who's left that could bring back Tejada?
    Someone who's at AA.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Couldn't Tejeda be a free agent if he is traded in the middle of a multi-year contract? Would it really be worth trading for him for just a few months?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    Couldn't Tejeda be a free agent if he is traded in the middle of a multi-year contract? Would it really be worth trading for him for just a few months?
    To answer your question, no I really don't think it would be and I really don't think it would be worth getting him either because we would have to give up ALOT as well, unless of course we can get more than just him in return such as in the three team trade idea.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    He could demand a trade, and if he is not traded by a certain date, his contract would be voided and he would become a free agent. I doubt he'd demand a trade, though, should some stroke of genius bring him to Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Someone who's at AA.
    Won't be near enough
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Won't be near enough
    Maybe Adam Dunn??????

Wouldn't a trade involving Ken Griffey Jr. and Miguel Tejada (among others) be just as big if not bigger than the A-Rod deal? I have no idea if any such deal is even in or was in the works, but with those players involved (or as the previous poster mentioned, Adam Dunn involved), I would say that would be a big deal.

Turn Off Ads?