Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July 15 Minor League updates (Bailey pitching)

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: July 15 Minor League updates (Bailey pitching)

Quote Originally Posted by SC Reds Fans
    maybe he's working on his off-speed stuff and not trying to blow everyone away? I don't know, just a possiblility...
    Could be, or maybe lingering effects from the cut he got at the Futures Game. If he didn't have his best stuff and managed to bear down and give up only two runs in seven innings, that's a good sign. He was giving up more runs than that in Sarasota when he was "off."
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I had the Chattanooga game on in the background while I was studying tonight, so I didn't hear everything going on.

The announcers made a point of saying they noticed that Bailey was mixing his pitches a lot more tonight than he has in the past. He started several hitters (at least 5 through the first 5 innings) with off-speed pitches to begin the AB, and he was dropping both his curve and his change in for strikes.

His fastball was clocking anywhere from 97-93, and the announcers were also saying he was changing speeds extremely effectively.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Good if he wants to make AAA this year

no BB makes me very happy
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

So, how would everyone say Homer's transition to AA is going now?
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

So, how would everyone say Homer's transition to AA is going now?
    Better than expected -- and I've supported him as a legit talent since day 1. I think it's safe to say all the comparisons to the likes of Gruler, Howington and Gillman can be dismissed, finally.

Would love to hear an explanation from his detractors about why he has done so well at Chattanooga.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve
    Better than expected -- and I've supported him as a legit talent since day 1. I think it's safe to say all the comparisons to the likes of Gruler, Howington and Gillman can be dismissed, finally.

Would love to hear an explanation from his detractors about why he has done so well at Chattanooga.
    As would I, becuase there were quite a few of them.. I wasn't one of them..
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?