Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merged:No reason to sour on Majewski so quickly / Daugherty: Majewski needs to forget

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Merged:No reason to sour on Majewski so quickly / Daugherty: Majewski needs to forget

I was quite perplexed when reading the gamethread how people were ragging on Magic so quickly. And these were the same people that held a high regard for the trade that brought him in.

I am no fan of the trade, but based on his 2 performances there is no reason to sour on him so quickly.

Today in 2/3 of an innings he struck out 2 guys without issuing a walk, nor did he give up a HR. The runs scored based on bad luck for Magic. If he pitches like that every game he would be the best pitcher in baseball. The BAPIP would equalize to some level around .310 when you factor in the Reds defense.

I think everyone needs to realize that games like this will happen to Magic. Since he doesn't give up many homeruns and doesn't strike out many guys, he will pretty much pitch as well as the BAPIP let's him. He could have just as easily gotten the first 2 guys out without giving up any hits. He will generally limit the damage because he doesn't give up many HRs, but games like this will happen because he simply doesn't K enough batters on a regular basis.

I thought he actually pitched great tonight. If he keeps pitching the way he did in the first 2 games you will see Magic get a lot of success. Based on his career numbers with the Nats you can expect a pretty reliable set-up type guy. Nothing fancy, but he'll get the job done more often than not. Give him a chance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Majewski

There is only one "Magic", and he played basketball. But, I do concur. I am not concerned with the way he has performed so far. He's not going to miss a lot of bats, but Majewski deals up a lot of ground balls and will be just fine short relieving for this team. He's no Scott Linebrink, but I think people are just anxious to see this deal pay dividends. Rightfully so.

He has been very unlucky. That's not a stat saying that, just my observation. For the most part, he has been blooped to death.

He's a solid pitcher and I'm glad he's on the Reds.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I didn't read the game thread but I can tell you who those people were. They were the same people that complain about everything that the Reds do right or wrong, Thay are the board whiners for what ever reason, If the reds had not made that trade they would be whining because they didn't. I once questioned the Great Sparkey Anderson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    I was quite perplexed when reading the gamethread how people were ragging on Magic so quickly. And these were the same people that held a high regard for the trade that brought him in.

I am no fan of the trade, but based on his 2 performances there is no reason to sour on him so quickly.

Today in 2/3 of an innings he struck out 2 guys without issuing a walk, nor did he give up a HR. The runs scored based on bad luck for Magic. If he pitches like that every game he would be the best pitcher in baseball. The BAPIP would equalize to some level around .310 when you factor in the Reds defense.

I think everyone needs to realize that games like this will happen to Magic. Since he doesn't give up many homeruns and doesn't strike out many guys, he will pretty much pitch as well as the BAPIP let's him. He could have just as easily gotten the first 2 guys out without giving up any hits. He will generally limit the damage because he doesn't give up many HRs, but games like this will happen because he simply doesn't K enough batters on a regular basis.

I thought he actually pitched great tonight. If he keeps pitching the way he did in the first 2 games you will see Magic get a lot of success. Based on his career numbers with the Nats you can expect a pretty reliable set-up type guy. Nothing fancy, but he'll get the job done more often than not. Give him a chance.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala
    There is only one "Magic", and he played basketball. But, I do concur. I am not concerned with the way he has performed so far. He's not going to miss a lot of bats, but Majewski deals up a lot of ground balls and will be just fine short relieving for this team. He's no Scott Linebrink, but I think people are just anxious to see this deal pay dividends. Rightfully so.

If not "Magic", how about we just call him "M.J." instead? Surely there isn't another "M.J."?

I'll admit, I been ragging on him. But it's still too early to be doing that. Actually he hasn't been that bad, just a little unlucky in my opinion.

3 and 0 since the trade. The Nats are 0 and 2. Small sample size.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Great post AK!!!

I was at the game last night, and there were quite a few people around me booing him and screaming "Go back to DC, we don't want you here!" and other less nice things.

People need to get over it, it's done now, complaining and whining won't change it.

He at least looked like he cared as he came off the mound, screaming into his glove as it were.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

The funny thing is, the harsh criticism of Magic in the game thread came shortly after we were criticizing the Nats fans for criticizing Felipe...you follow?

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

When football fandom attempts to translate the same mentality to baseball.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds
    The funny thing is, the harsh criticism of Magic in the game thread came shortly after we were criticizing the Nats fans for criticizing Felipe...you follow?
    At least none of us were doing this.

YOU SUCK KEARNS YOU DO THE WORST THING TO THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER ON THEIR INFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.nationalsforum.net/viewto...=1509&start=25
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Hahahaha..that's great reds44. Thanks for posting it. It's good to see there are totally crazy fans in other cities too.

But they seem to hate Kearns and Lopez so maybe they didn't get the memo, or have the right subscription to BA because they should know that they skunked us and that the Reds will cease to exist as a team.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Sounds like Reds.com

Glad people don't judge us on Reds.com posts
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    At least none of us were doing this.

http://www.nationalsforum.net/viewto...=1509&start=25

Well, if the new players came over to the Reds and did 100% nothing when given 6 chances, I would be a tad peeved too.

But some of those posts are a tad over the top like "Lopez doesnt even care" or "Kearns is the worst outfielder".

Those are just "im mad" posts though.

Those two will turn it around. They are playing on a dumpy team with no shot at the playoffs. What drive they had went out the window when they play in that cavern in Washington with nothing to win for.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    There were numerous reason to be sour (which Steel doucmented quite well in another thread) on him before he pitched.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Turn Off Ads?