This is from the tailend of a story in the Billings Gazette regarding their game yesterday. I'll highlight a couple of spots. It finishes with a Notes section that mentions a number of Reds coaching brass who are in town. I suspect his comment, highlighted below that they are emphasizing pitching and defense and that the offense will take care of itself, might be a mantra for the organization in the years to come.

"We can talk about our hitting, but I'd like to talk about the defense. It saved us," Burleson said. "We executed two big double plays tonight to get out of jams. We're preaching defense and pitching, and let the offense take care of itself. That's what happened tonight."

On the mound, Sean Watson got his third start of the year for Billings and continued his dominance.

Still limited to about 50 pitches per outing, Watson struck out five through four innings of work while allowing just one hit.

Watson still has not been charged with an earned run this season.

Travis Webb, Kyle Huddy, James Morris -- who got the victory -- and Luis Moya came on in relief to preserve the win.

Morris got himself out of a bases-loaded, no-out jam in the top of the eighth by inducing one of those key double plays to keep the Mustangs out of trouble.

The Mustangs will wrap up their current seven-game homestand today with a 4 p.m. getaway game against the Rockies.

"It's important for us to just keep going," Burleson said. "We have a tough road trip coming up, so (today's game) is an important game."

NOTES: Valaika's home run was his second of the season. ... The already tight Mustangs locker room has been even more crowded this homestand due to several visiting coordinators and instructors from the Cincinnati Reds. Leon Roberts (hitting coordinator), Mario Soto (roving pitching instructor), Mike LaCoss (roving pitching instructor) and Johnny Almaraz, the director of player development/international operations have all been in town checking out the Mustangs.