Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Drew Stubbs

Re: Drew Stubbs

I've decided for my own mental well-being I am going to ignore all Drew Stubbs related material until September of 2007. If I read any more I might be compelled to drive out to Montana with a sniper rifle and euthanize the poor kid, just to put him out of his misery and end all the kvetching.
    Last edited by Steve4192; 08-04-2006 at 10:07 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    Updated numbers:

.252/.357/.378 for a .735 OPS.

Is Watson the only one to have been promoted from Billings to Dayton so far?
    Lutz also...

Is it possible that the Reds asked Drew Stubbs to work on some things and that that could attribute to some of the struggles he's had?

Everything that could be said about this has pretty much been said already, but I guess some people just like to be pessimistic. Anyway, I'll bet you that over 99 percent of baseball players, good or bad, have gone through struggles at some point in their careers. This is just another example. And if hitting over .250, gold glove-caliber defense, and a bunch of stolen bases while playing more baseball than you've ever played in your life is considered "struggling", I think he might be okay. Also, one might argue that hitting in a higher league, especially if you're an aggressive hitter like Stubbs, would be easier at times because in the league he's in, half the guys couldn't throw strikes if they tried.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf
    Is it possible that the Reds asked Drew Stubbs to work on some things and that that could attribute to some of the struggles he's had?

Everything that could be said about this has pretty much been said already, but I guess some people just like to be pessimistic. Anyway, I'll bet you that over 99 percent of baseball players, good or bad, have gone through struggles at some point in their careers. This is just another example. And if hitting over .250, gold glove-caliber defense, and a bunch of stolen bases while playing more baseball than you've ever played in your life is considered "struggling", I think he might be okay. Also, one might argue that hitting in a higher league, especially if you're an aggressive hitter like Stubbs, would be easier at times because in the league he's in, half the guys couldn't throw strikes if they tried.
    Valid, but if Stubbs is an "aggressive hitter" and swings at a lot of pitches out of the strike zone, then he better tone it down since pitchers are also smarter in the higher levels. And he won't see much to hit.

Turn Off Ads?