Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/16 Game Thread: Rockies vs. Reds(EE batting 4th)

Freelin' it

7/16 Game Thread: Rockies vs. Reds(EE batting 4th)

Colorado
    AB R H RBI BB K LOB Season Avg
    J. Carroll 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .319
    C. Barmes ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .215
    T. Helton 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .293
    G. Atkins 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .313
    B. Hawpe rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .308
    J. Piedra lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .175
    Y. Torrealba c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .241
    C. Sullivan cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .273
    J. Fogg p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .036
    Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Cincinnati
    AB R H RBI BB K LOB Season Avg
    D. Wise rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000
    A. Dunn lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .244
    K. Griffey Jr. cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .253
    E. Encarnacion 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .275
    S. Hatteberg 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .307
    J. Valentin c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .221
    B. Phillips 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .297
    J. Castro ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .343
    E. Ramirez p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .150
    Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Colorado
    IP H R ER BB K HR Season ERA
    J. Fogg 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4.44

Cincinnati
    IP H R ER BB K HR Season ERA
    E. Ramirez 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4.14

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 7/16 Game Thread: Rockies vs. Reds(EE batting 4th)

Jesus....it is amazing to me how Narron selects his lineups. A guy who was just recalled and is a bench player is now the leadoff guy. EE doesn't play forever and is hitting 5th. If these guys can hit 1st and 5th, you would assume that they should be playing everyday.

got alil captain in u?

i like this lineup ee in there batting cleanup castro's in there he's been hot javy gives larue and nite off and goes back to his regular duty of catching the lizard

And they wonder why Lizard doesn't get any run support.

Interesting lineup, but I like it. We'll see what DeWayne can do. Javy hasn't had a start in a while and is owed one for his good pinch hitting, and I like Juan more than Royce Clayton at this point. And Edwin's playing!

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Wise batting leadoff doesn't cut it. Sorry. Not that I'm against awarding him a start for last night's hustle (plus there's something about Sundays that make managers empty the bench), but the guy walks about as often as it snows in Bogota.

willarious

Do you guys think BP would be a good leadoff hitter? I think he would especially with Dunn and Griffey hitting behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    Jesus....it is amazing to me how Narron selects his lineups. A guy who was just recalled and is a bench player is now the leadoff guy. EE doesn't play forever and is hitting 5th. If these guys can hit 1st and 5th, you would assume that they should be playing everyday.
    This is the first time Wise has lead off, he's just giving Denorfia a blow today...don't know what the big deal is there.

People have been screaming for Encarnacion to be put in the four spot for a month now, so here you go...don't see what the big deal is there.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Freelin' it

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    Wise batting leadoff doesn't cut it. Sorry. Not that I'm against awarding him a start for last night's hustle (plus there's something about Sundays that make managers empty the bench), but the guy walks about as often as it snows in Bogota.
    Agreed. Freel has yet to even start in the series and Wise has no business getting starts over Ryan. Wise should only be used as a late-inning pinch runner...but with Narron, you never know what you're gonna get.

Edwin!!!!!

I might have batted BP 1st, but EE is playing, Clayton is not, and RA is not batting 4th, so I am not complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

It does seem odd but OTOH that is the same way Bobby Cox always does it. For instance if Betemit was filling in for Chipper Jones Cox would keep everyone in the same slot. While on the surface it may seem dumb I think there is something to be said for guys being in the same lineup slot everyday.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Petitt33
    Agreed. Freel has yet to even start in the series and Wise has no business getting starts over Ryan. Wise should only be used as a late-inning pinch runner...but with Narron, you never know what you're gonna get.
    I don't believe Freel has been cleared to play defense yet because of his sore shoulder. That's why he's been limited to pinch hitting/running duties the past three days.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Petitt33
    Freel is hurt.

It does seem odd but OTOH that is the same way Bobby Cox always does it. For instance if Betemit was filling in for Chipper Jones Cox would keep everyone in the same slot. While on the surface it may seem dumb I think there is something to be said for guys being in the same lineup slot everyday.
    Ozzie Guillen did the same thing last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Freelin' it

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    I don't believe Freel has been cleared to play defense yet because of his sore shoulder. That's why he's been limited to pinch hitting/running duties the past three days.
    Ah, how could I forget.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I hope the whole Freel thing isnt going to land him on the DL like we do with most players. Why do we leave our injured players (Claussen, Ross, Belisile to name a few) on the roster for awhile, not play them, then put them on the DL a week or two later?

Turn Off Ads?