Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Can Mr. Hat still catch?

Can he be stopped?

Can Mr. Hat still catch?

I like several people like the disabled list for David Ross. It gives him several days to work on his swing, and gives LaRue time to improve his trade stock.

However, if LaRue gets traded, this limits the Reds ability to use Javy in a Ph situation, because Jerry will not use Javy before the 8th for fear that he will have no one else if we need an emergency catcher. However, we all know that Hatterburg was once a catcher, and had to move because of an injury.

So my question is this: Has Mr. Hat recovered enough from his injury that he could swing over to catcher in a pinch? If so, this allows Jerry some liberty in using Javy as a PH, and saves us from seeing Ryan Freel in a catcher's mask, and he was the old emergency catcher. (of course this means nothing if Wayne can't get rid of LaRue....). Does the injury still prevent him from catching or can he free Javy without us having to keep 3 catchers?
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Can Mr. Hat still catch?

he hasn't squated for five years, he was average defensively then, rarely tried to throw out runners, AND he's now 36...it's not like he's as young as Phil Nevin or Eric Munson or Robert Fick when going back to catching.

it'd be better just to recall Perez if Krivsky and Narron are so obsessed with having three catchers.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    he hasn't squated for five years
    He should get that checked out. There's usually a serious problem if it takes more than a week.

Can he be stopped?

I know he isn't the best, but he has to be better than Freel behind plate, right? Thats all I want to know. Would Narron trust in Hat behind the plate enough to use Javy earlier than the 8th? I remember last year LaRue played with a hairline fracture in his wrist in because refused to let Freel catch, as Javy was also injured. If we got in a bind like that again, could Hat do it?
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44
    If we got in a bind like that again, could Hat do it?
    In an emergency? I don't see why not.

(Admitedly, the team hasn't ever conceded the point, but he should still know which hooks go where and how to flash signs and stuff.)
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    (Admitedly, the team hasn't ever conceded the point, but he should still know which hooks go where and how to flash signs and stuff.)
    Hey, I still know that stuff too! Maybe I can apply for the 3rd catcher job.

Turn Off Ads?