Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jake Westbrook?

Old Red Guard Reject

Jake Westbrook?

Anyone think he would be a good fit for GABP? Sub- .700 OPS and over 3 to 1 GB/FB ratio. Signed next year for 6 million. What would it take to get him?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jake Westbrook?

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4
    Anyone think he would be a good fit for GABP? Sub- .700 OPS and over 3 to 1 GB/FB ratio. Signed next year for 6 million. What would it take to get him?

yes he would be a great 4th or 5th starter on this team esp. at GABP. it would take a couple of good prospects to get him though. alot of teams will be interested but i don't think cleveland is ready to have a fire sale. they had some early injuries this season and i'm sure they are counting on contending next season. i would give them 2 of anything except homer, votto or bruce. IMO they are untouchable.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

he's a good fit if you improve the SS and 1B by a lot. league average defense won't cut it for a groundball pitcher with a less than 5 K rate.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Peralta is a career .265 hitter and Aaron boone is over the hill... Westbrook would jump into the 3 slot immediately. You could expect his ERA to drop slightly after the change to the NL as well. It would be a good move if we could get him. But what one should pay for major league pitching is always a conundrum...
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

I would offer Claussen and Germosa and see if the Tribe would bite.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    I would offer Claussen and Germosa and see if the Tribe would bite.
    Eric Milton and whatever else reasonable it took to get Jake Westbrook.

I would take him, but would be very cautious in who I would give up. Westbrook would definitely solidfy the rotation, especially the Mays/Claussen spot.

Turn Off Ads?