Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wagner lighting it up at New Orleans

Wagner lighting it up at New Orleans

Didn't see this posted anywhere. His first appearance with the Zephyrs. 1 IP, 4 H, 4 ER and his ERA stands at 36.00. Also see his soul mate Brandon Larson batting an impressive .238 with the Zephyrs as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wagner lighting it up at New Orleans

Bowden loves names. Freakin loves um.

The media does also.

Can't wait to see how this one pans out.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Lopez, Kearns, and Wagner are all off to bad starts. I am not exactly happy to see it, but the more I hear about us gettin ripped off, the more it makes me mad. Eventually it is just human nature to turn on the 3 guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I'm not really rooting against the three or anything. I'd especially like to see Kearns do good (he's on my fantasy squad). I am a bit surprised that Bowden wouldn't have started Wagner in AA right after the trade because he likely won't take the demotion too well if it happens.

I dont think Lopez has had a hit since he got to Washington, also a fielding error.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick
    I dont think Lopez has had a hit since he got to Washington, also a fielding error.
    He has 1. I think he has left something like 20 on base in 3 games though.

Lopez was one of my favorite Reds, and I want him to do well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

If I am not mistaken, Kearns only has one hit, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    He has 1. I think he has left something like 20 on base in 3 games though.

Lopez was one of my favorite Reds, and I want him to do well.
    Yea, when I checked out the box scores for the Nationals games Kearns and Lopez both left an incredible amount of runners on base.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

I honestly get the feeling that as much as we demonize Bowden, if any of us were suddenly thrust in to the GM job, our moves would look a whole lot like his. It gives you a different respect for those GMs who don't seem to make flashy moves but seem to build winning teams nonetheless.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Bowden is a tool. The worst GM the Reds ever had behind Dick Wagner. He has no patience with prospects, especially pitching. That is why the Reds minor leagues were depleted of pitching.

Didn't surprise me that we picked his pocket and stole his best pitching prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed
    Bowden is a tool. The worst GM the Reds ever had behind Dick Wagner. He has no patience with prospects, especially pitching. That is why the Reds minor leagues were depleted of pitching.

Didn't surprise me that we picked his pocket and stole his best pitching prospects.
    Uh.. wait. Not that I hated the trade or anything, but we didn't get his best pitching prospects. Clint Everts comes to mind, Collin Balester(tho he's having a down year), and possibly even Mike Hinckley were all at one time, or still are, thought of more highly than bray or thompson.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

I do get a kick out of Bowden. Especially when we swept them early in the year, and he said , "It looks like their winning with the guys I drafted(Kearns and Dunn)".

Yeah, well Jim, what about your other 10 first round picks ?

I believe Lopez hit a HR yesterday.

It's a whole new ballgame for them, in every sense of the word. They'll be fine when they settle in. Also, being in last place vs being in the hunt might alter their intensity a bit... even if they don't consciously realize it.

I absolutely hate that Kearns was included in this deal. He played for a bad Reds squad for years and deserved the success they're enjoying this season; heck, he contributed to it.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

They also went from playing in a band box(GABP), to playing at Yellowstone(RFK).

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick
    Lopez has had 3 errors for the Nationals since joining the team.

Turn Off Ads?