Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wagner lighting it up at New Orleans

Re: Wagner lighting it up at New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    The guy has thrown six scoreless innings after his first appearance for New Orleans.

Maybe the Reds brain trust is too smart for their own good. Never mess with a good thing. Six scoreless innings is a good start, but as they say small sample size. Jury is still out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I seen on the Nationals board that Wagner was called up and is supposed to be with the Nationals tomorrow.

I for one wish him the best

Hope he finds success this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by princeton
    Wagner's had one good year out of the last 25. Even Larson hits better than that.

he's also almost out of options. Which makes working with him like buying an old Corvette-- do I want to spend time restoring it only to see it driven away by my wife's divorce attorney?
    One of Larson's biggest problems was that he was a horrible fielder, so even those "good" minor league seasons weren't that good.

Wagner can be optioned next year too, right? And after that he can be carried as the 12th pitcher if need be, until Washington gives up on him.

It's a good gamble, particularly if reports are true that the Reds coaching made him change a bunch of stuff and make him pitch in a way that was not confortable to him. Much better gamble than those two minor leaguers we got (Harris and Thompson?)
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?