Turn Off Ads?

Thread: the 16 games after the break ...

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

the 16 games after the break ...

I wonder how dramatic the change in atmosphere has been in the clubhouse this year? I'd have to think that the players stood up and took notice that the team is not paying lip service to trying to win. They mean it, they back it up with not words, but actions.

Krivsky called out the 16 games before the trading deadline as an important stretch and they didn't want to let those games get away by waiting for a trade at the deadline.

A quick look at the schedule shows COL, NYM, MIL, HOU, & MIL again as those 16 games, all teams in the wild card race, or in the case of the Mets, a division leader.

So far so good, the Reds come out of the gate winning 4 straight. If the Reds can hang around for another 6-8 games, I think the Reds make another deal or two to make a solid run at the playoffs this season.

GL

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: the 16 games after the break ...

#1 priority
    - Get a replacement for Mays/Claussen in the rotation
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick
    #1 priority
    - Get a replacement for Mays/Claussen in the rotation
    It would be nice to get a # 5 starter. Krivsky made a great point saying we needed to make the deal now and not waste 16 games.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

But I think we only need the #5 starter once in the 16 games?

I think what they will need is a right hand power bat off the bench for the later innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    But I think we only need the #5 starter once in the 16 games?

I think what they will need is a right hand power bat off the bench for the later innings.
    (Reggie Sanders? )
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Yea, we def need to acquire those 2 things before the deadline. If we got into the playoffs and faced a team with 2 good lefties, ouch.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

I think a trade with Kansas City is almost imminent. Reggie Sanders and Elmer Dessens/Mark Redman (hopefully Redman and not Dessens) are most likely headed our way. That would be really nice!!!

And yes, these next 12 games (was 16) are very important and it would be very nice if we could just drill off win after win and can you imagine if we could pull off another nice stretch of wins like we just had? I wonder if Krivsky would be more opt to pull a big trade if we could post some wins such as that?

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2
    It would be nice to get a # 5 starter. Krivsky made a great point saying we needed to make the deal now and not waste 16 games.
    We already have a #5 starter: Milton. Another good starter, a 3 or better, will give us a great chance at making the playoffs and a chance in the playoffs. Without adding another good starter, we'll struggle in the playoffs if we make it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick
    Yea, we def need to acquire those 2 things before the deadline. If we got into the playoffs and faced a team with 2 good lefties, ouch.
    We'll just put six Rich Aurilias in the lineup if that happens. Narron would go crazy with all the veteran leadership out there.
    No one expects the butterfly

Turn Off Ads?