Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Thompson

Thompson

Ken Rosentahl article tibit.

The Reds, meanwhile, might get lucky with Class A right-hander Daryl Thompson, the least heralded of the five players they received in the deal. Thompson, 20, has been slowed by injuries, but when healthy, he throws 90-93 mph with a 12-to-6 curve. Scouts call him, "Oil Can Boyd Jr."

Under the radar in the trade.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Re: Thompson

slowed by injuries? in the reds system that means my career is over.
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

Thanks for the information. I will keep an eye on him.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

I wonder why he hasn't pitched for the GCL Reds yet. Is he on the DL? I don't think he is, but the trade happened last week. Perhaps today will be his starting date, but I can't find starters for today on the Reds website.

Boyd comparison:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...50331dish.html

I don't see the comparison, myself. He doesn't sound insanely self-absorbed, he claims that he's actually shorter than listed, and if he ever discovers cheesecake he'll probably look more like Danny Graves.

Turn Off Ads?