Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Wilson?

Jack Wilson?

The Pirates are apparently shopping him. Would you bite?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06197/706235-63.stm

I would be interested depending upon the Pirates' price. Wilson and Phillips would be a very entertaining DP combo.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jack Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner
    The Pirates are apparently shopping him. Would you bite?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06197/706235-63.stm

I would be interested depending upon the Pirates' price. Wilson and Phillips would be a very entertaining DP combo.
    I would and bring Mike Gonzalez with him.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Depending on the price, maybe.

I would love his glove @ SS. Career OPS of .672 makes me want to run and hide.

This now becomes a question of his glove overshadowing his career OPS just North of Juan Castro (.610).

If you don't care about the glove at all, then keep plugging Rich Aurilia into the Cleanup spot with his .769 career OPS.

If you care about the glove, then give Jack Wilson a look, depending on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    Wilson, 3 years at nearly $7 million per (great defensive range numbers, but out machine offensively)
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43367

I want nothing to do with Jack Wilson. Nothing at all. He's the Eric Milton of middle infielders.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Roster glue

Nope! We don't have any contracts bad enough to assume this albatross...save Milton, but he comes off the books after next year and do we currently really have anyone who can come in and perform in Milton's spot at a replacement player level?

There would have to be VERY good young pieces to sweeten the deal, and I like Wilson's glove over Clayton's.

got alil captain in u?

might be bad contract if we could get th buco's to pick up some of it i'd do it in heartbeat u see some of the plays this guy makes he can hit alil bit to put down perfect suicide squeeze the other nite drove in 2 runs that nite he can hit it's alil underated

I like wilson alot however I dont want to pay him more then like 3 or 4 million a year. I think the pirates should just send him and gonzalez over for free after we gave them casey for free.

Jack Wilson blows. however he is the kind of guy i expect Krivsky to pursue, even if the deal was mainly constructed around acquiring Gonzalez (who the Pirates shouldn't make availble) or Damaso Marte.

but if the price for decent relief is two starting position players, i'm terrified to find out what the current price is for one dominant closer or a good reliever.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord
    Jack Wilson blows. however he is the kind of guy i expect Krivsky to pursue, even if the deal was mainly constructed around acquiring Gonzalez (who the Pirates shouldn't make availble) or Damaso Marte.

but if the price for decent relief is two starting position players, i'm terrified to find out what the current price is for one dominant closer or a good reliever.
    i agree the buco's trieng to trade gonzo is ridiculous he's gonna be a top notch closer and those don't com eeasy

Pass. It will be cheaper to shift Phillips to shortstop and go after a free agent second baseman if none of the in-house candidates pan out.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

God no.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

only in a deal where they get Milton and ???? and we get Wilson and Gorzelanny.

Jack Wilson is what Royce Clayton used to be. That is not a compliment.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I would rather eat dirt straight out of the ground than have Jack Wilson on my team. Clayton and Castro is bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kyred14
    I would rather eat dirt straight out of the ground than have Jack Wilson on my team. Clayton and Castro is bad enough.

But you'd definitely eat sifted dirt?
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?