Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sean Watson mention in Baseball Prospectus this morning

Cruisin' for trouble

Re: Sean Watson mention in Baseball Prospectus this morning

From the other article in the Billings Gazette, Watson was put in the starting rotation because they lost a couple of their starters and needed a plug.

They've limited him to ~50 pitches for now. We'll have to see if the conversion is permanent.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    That's awfully fast to write off Stubbs.
    Par for the course for some people around this sub-forum.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Willy
    My personal opinion on why the Reds are giving him a shot at starting.

1. He has two plus pitches(fastball and curve) and one potential above average pitch(Change). This would project him as a major league starter.

2. Has a body of a workhorse. 6' 1"- 6'3" depending on who you ask, 210 pounds, thick legs. He has the body to log 200 plus innings year after year.

3. Not positive on this, but I bet he has a pretty smooth delivery. That is the reason why Wagner could never be a starter. I bet his delivery also makes the Reds feel comfortable about him increasing his pitch count.

Just my thoughts.
    Plus, Chris Buckley has a history of picking these types of pitchers. 2002 draftee David Bush was exclusively a reliever at Wake Forest, and was a starter as soon as he signed with Toronto. He then made it to the Show by the end of 2004. He was throwing complete games against the Reds two years later, heh.

Shaun Marcum was another one, although he's been used in the bullpen since making it to the bigs.

I hate to blow my own horn, but I totally called the conversion the minute he was drafted... :P Its a good idea if the guy has 4 usable pitches..
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Rough one tonight

3 ip 8 hits 4 er 1 bb 2 k's

Turn Off Ads?