Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sunday's Game Story in Pictures

Sunday's Game Story in Pictures

My wife and I decided to take our girls down to the game on Sunday. We had our normal seats and we were just going to grab a couple $5 seats for the girls and have them sit with us; there is always one seat open by us and we figured we'd take our chances on there being another open by us too.

We got there in plenty of time for the HoF ceremony on the field and headed to the ticket booth to get our two extras. We were stopped by a couple asking if we needed a few extra seats. They had two complementary tickets that they were not going to use. They were friends with Josh Fogg and he had given them the seats. I thanked them and headed for the gates happy to have saved myself $10.

We get to our seats and are happy to see that there is plenty of room for everyone. That soon turns to gloom when we realize that it's about a hundred gazillion degrees and we've got a long day ahead of us. Momma and the girls give up about the third and head for shade. I soon follow and we decide to see just where these comp tickets are.

My oldest and I go scout the location. Scout is the operable word here because it turns out we have two tickets to the second row of the Scout Seats. We meet the girl who had originally given us the tickets and she points out the bar underneath the stands. I thank her again and immediately set out to get Momma and daughter #2. After a couple of quick ticket shuffles daddy is parked behind home plate in the shade and everyone else is cooling off in the AC watching the game on TV.

The girls come out to sit with me right before the 8th inning rally. We take in the big comeback, watch Guardado get the save, then head down to the field to run the bases. All in all, a great day at the yard!

Browning's first pitch.

May's first pitch.

Seaver's first pitch with JB catching, awesome moment.

Easy E delivering a pitch in the first from our sweltering seats.

The new view after our move.

My girls chill out in the AC behind the Scout Seats.

Dunn's rally-killer (sorry Creeper ) to lead off the 8th.

The girls with their gloves...just in case.

That says it all!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sunday's Game Story in Pictures

Thanks for sharing. Nice Scoreboard message: SWEEP
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Great pictures!

I always love seeing pictures people take at the games.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I see your daughters got their bears as well... too cute!
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Fantastic pics there, looks like you all had a BLAST!!!! Taking the kids to the game is always a fantastic time. I took my future step-children to their first ever ball game this season, it just happened to be the game where Dunn hit his walk-off grand slam. And yes, we stayed for the whole time, something hard to do with a 3 year old girl and a 5 year old boy. But it is something they will remember for the rest of their lives.

Your kids are adorable. Weren't they the ones learning how to keep a scorecard...I imagine that's tough to do in gazillion degree heat with gloves and bears as distractions
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Who is that weird-looking guy on the TV--I'm assuming a Rockies' bullpenner? He looks like Lady Elaine Fairchild from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Who is that weird-looking guy on the TV--I'm assuming a Rockies' bullpenner? He looks like Lady Elaine Fairchild from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

Wasn't she a puppet?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum

Wasn't she a puppet?
    One of the fine citizens of the Land of Make-Believe.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    Your kids are adorable. Weren't they the ones learning how to keep a scorecard...I imagine that's tough to do in gazillion degree heat with gloves and bears as distractions
    Thank you...they take after their mother. Yes, I have a completed scorecard at home from a game that just my wife and I went to. Still haven't sat down and gone over it yet...it's been a busy summer. We have been working on our pitch and catch skills, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    A Colorado bullpenner for sure but I don't know who. Looking at the larger picture I have it is the bottom of the 5th, 2 out, nobody on and a 3-2 count on whoever was at the plate for us, fwiw. Fuentes maybe...

Nice story and nice pictures. Glad you had a good time.

Turn Off Ads?