Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mariano Duncan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mariano Duncan

Hello everyone...longtime reader of the board and this is my first attempt at starting a thread on the greatest Reds board on the net.

Just watching baseball tonight and saw Mariano Duncan, now the 3b coach for the Dodgers, get tossed for arguing balls and strikes. Did anyone else see how this was done? Angel Hernandez basically swept his hand to toss Duncan and then when Duncan came to argue his tossing, he threw his hat to the ground, Hernandez picked it up and gave it to a fan, that was something I've never seen done before.

got alil captain in u?

Re: Mariano Duncan

i saw this also this is a classless act by angel hernadez this guy is an arrogant one who think's the fans come to see him not the game major league baseball should suspend him and the dodgers should send him bill for the hat that's just ridiculous when an umpire thinks he's bigger than thegame it's time for him to leave

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    i saw this also this is a classless act by angel hernadez this guy is an arrogant one who think's the fans come to see him not the game major league baseball should suspend him and the dodgers should send him bill for the hat that's just ridiculous when an umpire thinks he's bigger than thegame it's time for him to leave
    i also agree with that. the umpire should never think he is greater than the game. not sure if angel hernandez was trying to make a point or trying to be part of a highlight real, but something needs to be said about the way he acted. i think the hand motion he made to toss duncan was worse than actually giving the hat away. it was almost like he was too good to even give him the the good ole' heave-ho with the thumb.

Duncan a switch hitting shortstop who was error prone fell out of favor in LA and was traded to the Reds for a corner outfielder who could smash... 17 years ago tomorrow.

Acquired with Leary who was the 1988 Comeback player of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Duncan a switch hitting shortstop who was error prone fell out of favor in LA and was traded to the Reds for a corner outfielder who could smash... 17 years ago tomorrow.

Acquired with Leary who was the 1988 Comeback player of the year.
    Also reaquired by the Reds in 1995 as a waiver claim, so the Braves wouldn't pick him up.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

The way the Reds were acquiring middle infielders, as God as my witness, My heart rate escalated that the Reds were going after 49 yr old Mariano Duncan.

Then I flashed back and realized it's 2006, not 1990.

Whew.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Jon Wettelend acquired from LA. Did not have too many saves for the Reds though

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    Jon Wettelend acquired from LA. Did not have too many saves for the Reds though
    Actually, it's John Wetteland, and he never pitched in a Reds uniform. Not sure what that has to do with this thread except for the fact that you like to make these random posts.

As for Angel Hernandez, he's an assclown. MLB would be better off without him.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Actually, it's John Wetteland, and he never pitched in a Reds uniform. Not sure what that has to do with this thread except for the fact that you like to make these random posts.

As for Angel Hernandez, he's an assclown. MLB would be better off without him.

Wasn't Wetteland on the roster for one day, in November?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191
    Wasn't Wetteland on the roster for one day, in November?
    Do you mean the Reds roster? And November of around which year do you mean?

Wonder what Angel Hernandez would have done if he would have say.....thrown a base. Then things would have and could have gotten very, very, very interesting.

Wasn't there a poll done by SI a year or two ago where he was voted the worst umpire in baseball by the players?

Quote Originally Posted by cincy jacket
    Wasn't there a poll done by SI a year or two ago where he was voted the worst umpire in baseball by the players?
    Not sure on that, but I would love to see those results, maybe someone (or even me if I can get some time here tonight or tomorrow) google this and find the results?

Quote Originally Posted by cincy jacket
    I think CB Bucknor was rated the worst...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    I think CB Bucknor was rated the worst...
    I provided the link above in my last post, and yes you are correct in stating that CB Bucknor was rated the worst with a tad over 20% of the votes, Then Bruce Froemming with about 16% of the votes, the Joe Brinkman with about 8%, then Joe West with 7%, and rounding out the top five with just a shade under 5% are Phil Cuzzi and Angel Hernandez.

Isn't Bruce Froemming the one that botched those calls in the World Baseball Classic? Well correct that, I don't know if I would use the term botch here, maybe just had like 4-5 very controversial calls in the WBC, and the bad thing was that they all seemed to be Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back calls and such.

Turn Off Ads?