Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mariano Duncan

Re: Mariano Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by cincy jacket
    Wasn't there a poll done by SI a year or two ago where he was voted the worst umpire in baseball by the players?
    I think CB Bucknor was rated the worst...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mash3024
    Hello everyone...longtime reader of the board and this is my first attempt at starting a thread on the greatest Reds board on the net.

Just watching baseball tonight and saw Mariano Duncan, now the 3b coach for the Dodgers, get tossed for arguing balls and strikes. Did anyone else see how this was done? Angel Hernandez basically swept his hand to toss Duncan and then when Duncan came to argue his tossing, he threw his hat to the ground, Hernandez picked it up and gave it to a fan, that was something I've never seen done before.
    If it was Angel Hernandez calling the strike zone, he was probably justified arguing it. He has the absolutely worst strike zone in MLB. And he's got a short fuse - the epitome of what an umpire should not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse
    I think CB Bucknor was rated the worst...
    I provided the link above in my last post, and yes you are correct in stating that CB Bucknor was rated the worst with a tad over 20% of the votes, Then Bruce Froemming with about 16% of the votes, the Joe Brinkman with about 8%, then Joe West with 7%, and rounding out the top five with just a shade under 5% are Phil Cuzzi and Angel Hernandez.

Isn't Bruce Froemming the one that botched those calls in the World Baseball Classic? Well correct that, I don't know if I would use the term botch here, maybe just had like 4-5 very controversial calls in the WBC, and the bad thing was that they all seemed to be Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back-to-Back calls and such.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60
    According to www.thebaseballcube.com here are the transactions and the exact date periods that John Wetteland was with the Reds. So I guess it is very very possible he could have been on the roster during this time period although it appears that he never even so much as put on a Reds affiliate minor league uniform which is very disappointing in and of itself in my opinion...

November 27, 1991 Traded by Los Angeles Dodgers with Tim Belcher to Cincinnati Reds for Kip Gross and Eric Davis. Cin: Bob Sr. Quinn
    La: Fred Claire

December 11, 1991 Traded by Cincinnati Reds with Bill Risley to Montreal Expos for Willie Greene, Scott Ruskin and Dave Martinez. Cin: Bob Sr. Quinn
    Mtl: Dave Dombrowski

Geez....with us for not even one calendar month!!!!
    Hm, guess my memory fails me again. I thought Wetteland was traded the day after he was obtained, but I guess not.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

I could have sworn that Duncan was only RH.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I could have sworn that Duncan was only RH.
    i believe he was towards the end of his stint in Philidelphia.

and isn't Angel Hernandez one of the better ball/strike umpires in the game?
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Turn Off Ads?