Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Minor League AAA Local Affiliate General Ballpark Questions

Minor League AAA Local Affiliate General Ballpark Questions

I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum or not, so please bear with me. I am just curious if someone out there can assist me in some information regarding the Louisville, Indianapolis, and Columbus minor league teams and such and their ballparks. Just the general ins and outs of the ballparks like where they are, best seats, best time to get there, how accessible the players are, does it have a minor league feel to it or a 'major' league type feel to it (I have a feeling the Columbus team does have a major feel to it), how easily you can get an autograph from a player of the opposing team, where to get these and where to wait. Also, just any info regarding these places. Looking to go to a game within the next month to all three places (Louisville, Columbus, Indianapolis) and would just like the whole experience all the way from the best seats to having the minor league experience of meeting some of the players. One team I would like to see play is Toledo since Josh Phelps is there and I heard that former Red Dmitri Young is also there as well. So if anybody can help, a PM would be nice as I would like to also ask a few other questions as well if ya don't mind. Hopefully I have put this in the correct place, although I am not totally new here, I am posting quite a bit more than I used to. I am really loving this place and feel more and more like home. So any help here I would greatly appreciate. I think meeting Dmitri would be quite a treat, info on that as a minor leaguer at these three places would be nice as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: Minor League AAA Local Affiliate General Ballpark Questions

I used to be a batboy at the Columbus Clippers Cooper stadium. I have been to a crap load of games when I was in high school.

No...its not really all that "major league". Its a very old stadium, oldest in the International league I believe. They are in line to get a new stadium located more downtown that will follow the traditional new stadiums.

Huntington Park

The Clippers themselves are pretty abysmal this year. They are pretty much a bare shelf in terms of Yankees young talent.

You can read more about them here

Yeah, I go to a few Clippers games every year and Cooper Stadium is pretty crappy compared to all the other stadiums I've been to. It does feel kind of cozy, as there are usually not many people there (unless of course you go on Dime-A-Dog night). I have seen a few players out giving autographs pre-game although I have never tried it myself.

I have been to the Indianapolis stadium once awhile ago(back when it was the Reds team). In face I remember watching Jared Fernandez pitch Anyways, I remember that stadium being a lot nicer and having much more of a "major league" feel to it.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

First of all--yes, Columbus' stadium is the worst of all of the ones mentioned....I know, I live here...however, we will be getting a new stadium in two years....as far as getting opposing team autographs, your best bet at Cooper Stadium is to stand at the very end of the stands on the 3rd base, left field line...the visiting bullpen and clubhouse is located there...so players have to walk from there to the dugout before and after the game...just be warned that it is usually very crowded there with what I like to call "autograph sharks"...as far as arriving to get tickets or before a game..dont worry about getting there too early unless it is a Monday Dime a Dog nite or Friday "party in the park" nite....

Victory Field in Indy is just wonderful. Its a great place to see a game and is alot like GAB only nicer IMO. It has a wonderful feel to it and there's not a bad seat in the house.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?