Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why trade for bullpen and not use it?

Why trade for bullpen and not use it?

Why Narron allowed Milton to face those bats in the 7th is beyond comprehension. Easy to play Monday-morning QB, but outside of Arroyo and Harang, all other starters at this point of season need to be on short leash. On the game, they showed Milton's OPS 1st, 2nd and 3rd time thru a lineup this season multiple times. Where is Narron at with the mindset to leave Milton out there? This is the same crap that Miley would do a few years by leaving Paul Wilson out there at the 90 pitch mark when you knew he'd likely fail.

We now have Coffey, Magic, Bray all ready for this pivotal spots in 7th and 8th with plenty of rest. But instead we just blow any shot at a game.

Again, we now have some semblance of a BP, for pete's sake use it. There is nothing to save it for as we are fresh and have multiple options for 1/2 a season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why trade for bullpen and not use it?

Bray gave up a run in the 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Bray gave up a run in the 9th.
    Milton gave up 4 in the 7th.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

how about griffey tonight 0-5 + two double plays

VWRED

I was asking myself the same question!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    how about griffey tonight 0-5 + two double plays
    Yea, Dunn's avg in now better than Griffeys'. Who woulda thought that about 3 weeks ago? I hope that 2 hole combined with batting behind Griff is helping him so we can keep him there.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Narron thought Milton could get Beltran out with him batting righthanded. The strategy backfired. Still with the bases loaded, you need to go to your setup men in that situation.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Coffey and Merker should have been warming up as soon as the first runner reached base in that inning.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

He should have never came out for the 7th inning. I'm really quite dumbfounded. I want to like Narron. He seems to keep the clubhouse in order, but you really have to wonder whether he's watching the same game as everyone else sometimes.

I bet Krivsky is POd. He puts his neck on the line trading for bullpen help and Narron lets it rot away in a critical situation.

For once at least FSN had it right. As early as the 6th, they had Milton's numbers up showing how he faded the 2nd time thru the order and imploded the 3rd time.

To the fatefull 7th.....Already 14 fly ball outs plus 2 homers before Beltran gets to the plate. LoDuca walked on 4 pitches. 100+ plus pitches thrown. And wasn't there a graphic or comment earlier that Beltran had roughed him up a little in the past? Also it would have been a pretty good assumption based on Milton's past performances that he gassed himself getting out of the 6th after having a run in and a man at 2nd with no outs and needing get Beltran and Delgado to stop the bleeding there (how many times have we seen him escape only to come back and blow up an inning later?).

So why did Narron let him face Beltran with 2 lefties available in the pen if he felt it was that important to keep beltran turned around?

I like Narron overall and generally don't question his moves that blow up because he makes a lot of them that come through; but not going to the pen with the game clearly on line there I just don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by keeganbrick
    Coffey and Merker should have been warming up as soon as the first runner reached base in that inning.
    I was at the game. The bullpen was up for the entire 6th and 7th innings. Why not use them??

Because Narron is a buttmunch.

Quote Originally Posted by EKURed
    I was at the game. The bullpen was up for the entire 6th and 7th innings. Why not use them??
    Fear.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Sparky said it best that a manager can't win you a game but he can sure lose you one. Well I too like Jerry Narron Bit I think he sure cost them a chance to win.Milton should not have been sent out there in the 7th and at worst should not have been allowed to face La Duca let alone Beltran.My same reaction was we just traded for a bullpen why aren't we using it.After all Monday was an offday they weren't being overworked.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Turn Off Ads?