Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why two different game threads?

Re: Why two different game threads?

Maybe you should take a break and read the board for an extended period of time before you pee on everyone's cornflakes. The optimism and pessimism ebbs and flows here over time. For instance, from time to time I've been accused of being overly optimistic but I'm currently of a negative mindset because I see a team making a run at a windmill at the expense of their future. Personally, I think of my mindset as objective so I don't really find your wholesale labeling of the board (and therefore me) as a bunch of miserable people to be very accurate or acceptable.

Ok..thanks for you opinion. I will now return to having my own. I didn't think you had to be here for some pre-determined period of time before you were allowed to comment on certian subjects.

I find it interesting that people are allowed to comment about "scrappy vets", "EE not playing", "Narron is an idiot", "Milton sucks", "George Grande is the worst broadcaster ever" and a myrid of other topics adnausem. Unless I am mistaken, which is possible, I don't remember too many people saying "those topics are worn out".

Yet, if I post a satrical commentary on the current overall negative landscape of the board I'm dumping on people and "peeing on their wheaties". Is the message here that I'm entitled to my opinion as long as it agrees with the current majority?

It's really interesting to me that those who are labled "pie in the sky" (my phrase) are written off as drinking the koolaide, "not objective", too optimistic, not "deep thinkers" or "those who don't think three dimentionally". Yet if you poke fun at the negitive nature of the board, or some, then LOOK OUT! People get really testy really quickly then. Very odd.

Personally, I think of my mindset as objective
    So my mindset is not objective? Is that what we are to infer from your comment?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Is the message here that I'm entitled to my opinion as long as it agrees with the current majority?

Pretty much. Thats the whole point of the ratings system I thought. If you say something that someone disagrees with, whether you are right or wrong, you could get negative rep points.

Example:

Ltlabner: The moon is made of rock.
    OldRedszonePoster: No it isnt. The moon is made of cream cheese. Have some negative rep points.

Or, you can say something completely stupid, but if the right idiot agrees with you, you get positive rep points

Example:

BennyD: Sure, I think George Grande is a terrible announcer. But did you ever notice that he only smiles with the right side of his face?
    OldRedszonePoster: Woah man, you are soooooooooooo right. Have some rep points!!

People come and go here because of the "fraternity mentality" but in all honesty, whatever it takes to weed out the schmucks, I am all for it. Even if it does mean I cant upload my signed 1987 Topps Benny Distefano for my avatar. Or maybe I really am Benny D... No, I'm really not...hehe

GOREDSGO32

I find it a little cold you have to have a certain amount of posts and reputation, which all hinges on the ability of some other member to take time to give you points - to be on another board. Silly if you ask me. I'll stick here with the REAL fans. I guess its kinda like being in a luxury boxes getting a manicure or down with the real fans watching the game ..

PS - My points were 91 at this point, I hear its a bear market though
    Last edited by GOREDSGO32; 07-19-2006 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    To each their own.
    And that was my point. :

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    It was done to make rem angry. Not that it was really necessary.
    Ah pedro, aren't you sweet. And I thought you never cared. I'm sorry.

Rem

Chat, where I spend most of my time durring games, can be very hit or miss. It really depends on how many people are in the room and if you like the fast paced and random flow of the conversations. I do, but not everybody does.

Frankly, and I know this is controversial, I think people have a great oportunity to build the Reds Live game thread to be exactly what it is they want it to be. Most of the the people who want a game thread to be a "certian way" (and that's not a value statement) have made it to ORG. But since Reds Live GT is pretty empty if people want it to be mostly game related comments...no problem. A constant gripe session...no problem. A place for stats to fly back and forth, no problem.

I can hear what the original poster is saying, that it's a drag to post to yourself, but for those who want to post in a game thread, and have the game thread to have a particular "feal" then it's a perfect opportunity to build such a thread.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Whats more cold is to have a thread filled with

"Dunn sucks...all he does is strike out..."

"Milton is the worst... He likes terrorists"

"Visit my site: www. blahblah.com"

GOREDSGO32

I don't see any advertising ... and Milton does suck .. how is that an offendable comment?

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    I don't see any advertising ... and Milton does suck .. how is that an offendable comment?
    I just mean that any 'mo can come in and make a bunch of annoying remarks in live! so the move cut that sort of stuff out since its easier to police on ORG.

And yea...Milton stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Ok..thanks for you opinion. I will now return to having my own. I didn't think you had to be here for some pre-determined period of time before you were allowed to comment on certian subjects.

I find it interesting that people are allowed to comment about "scrappy vets", "EE not playing", "Narron is an idiot", "Milton sucks", "George Grande is the worst broadcaster ever" and a myrid of other topics adnausem. Unless I am mistaken, which is possible, I don't remember too many people saying "those topics are worn out".

Yet, if I post a satrical commentary on the current overall negative landscape of the board I'm dumping on people and "peeing on their wheaties". Is the message here that I'm entitled to my opinion as long as it agrees with the current majority?

It's really interesting to me that those who are labled "pie in the sky" (my phrase) are written off as drinking the koolaide, "not objective", too optimistic, not "deep thinkers" or "those who don't think three dimentionally". Yet if you poke fun at the negitive nature of the board, or some, then LOOK OUT! People get really testy really quickly then. Very odd.

So my mindset is not objective? Is that what we are to infer from your comment?
    Please get it correct. It was cornflakes, not Wheaties. Big difference. :

As for my comment, you can infer anything you want but then you were the one trashing the people here so you decide. You certainly didn't have any problem jumping on Puffy in the game thread either.

Gee, two whole months here and you're already tired of things getting 'old'. Try six years of watching attitude come and go on here. And yes, a lot of people have said those topics are worn out. Did you think that you were the first person here to have that original thought? If you had read the board more you would have known that. You want to be the bull in the china shop, have at it. Just don't expect me to appreciate it.

Rem

I love these threads. It fills my heart with, like, glee and other glee-like substances to see how we can all get along as a happy family (cue Ramones).

Everything's been beaten to death. There's nothing new under the sun. If you think you've come up with an original idea, you're wrong.

And here at RedsZone, we'll affirm your wrongness over and over and over again.

Then we'll get drunk and relieve ourselves in bowls of various breakfast cereals.

Love the RedsZone.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    I love these threads. It fills my heart with, like, glee and other glee-like substances to see how we can all get along as a happy family (cue Ramones).

Everything's been beaten to death. There's nothing new under the sun. If you think you've come up with an original idea, you're wrong.

And here at RedsZone, we'll affirm your wrongness over and over and over again.

Then we'll get drunk and relieve ourselves in bowls of various breakfast cereals.

Love the RedsZone.
    Awesome aint it mike?

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Awesome aint it mike?
    It makes me The Happy!

We're all dysfunctional. Even me. Learn it, live it, love it.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny-Distefano
    Pretty much. Thats the whole point of the ratings system I thought. If you say something that someone disagrees with, whether you are right or wrong, you could get negative rep points.

Example:

Ltlabner: The moon is made of rock.
    OldRedszonePoster: No it isnt. The moon is made of cream cheese. Have some negative rep points.

Or, you can say something completely stupid, but if the right idiot agrees with you, you get positive rep points

Example:

BennyD: Sure, I think George Grande is a terrible announcer. But did you ever notice that he only smiles with the right side of his face?
    OldRedszonePoster: Woah man, you are soooooooooooo right. Have some rep points!!

People come and go here because of the "fraternity mentality" but in all honesty, whatever it takes to weed out the schmucks, I am all for it. Even if it does mean I cant upload my signed 1987 Topps Benny Distefano for my avatar. Or maybe I really am Benny D... No, I'm really not...hehe
    Ya' know Benny, I'm not in favor of the rep points either. I've never negged anyone on this board (although some people claim that's what makes the system work) because I don't think it's right nor effective. I do give rep points very selectively but usually there are days and days in between such awards. Personally, I think rep points is too devisive and some people equate thier points with superiority----that goes for post counts too. If it were up to me, I'd get rid of the rep points, post counts and divided board altogether. (shrug)

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    We're all dysfunctional. Even me. Learn it, live it, love it.
    New RZ motto right here
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?