Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why two different game threads?

Re: Why two different game threads?

I have to disagree with you on one point, rem; obviously rep points don't correlate well with superiority, because there are actually some people on this board with more points than me.

Either that, or it's broken! RedsZone is broken! O terrible day!
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    I find it a little cold you have to have a certain amount of posts and reputation, which all hinges on the ability of some other member to take time to give you points - to be on another board. Silly if you ask me. I'll stick here with the REAL fans. I guess its kinda like being in a luxury boxes getting a manicure or down with the real fans watching the game ..

PS - My points were 91 at this point, I hear its a bear market though
    Save for the original cast and crew, just about all of us went through the process. It works best if you just go about your business, contribute some cogent thoughts as you see fit, and let the behind the scenes stuff work itself out

Like it or not, its a system that makes this place a better more interesting read than reds.com or espn.com's Reds message boards. I'm for whatever keeps things that way.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    Ah pedro, aren't you sweet. And I thought you never cared. I'm sorry.

Rem

I'm just full of ......um....surprises aren't I?
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go
    I have to disagree with you on one point, rem; obviously rep points don't correlate well with superiority, because there are actually some people on this board with more points than me.

Either that, or it's broken! RedsZone is broken! O terrible day!
    I sit corrected.

Rem

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

We're all equal. Just some of us are more equal than others.

GOREDSGO32

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Save for the original cast and crew, just about all of us went through the process. It works best if you just go about your business, contribute some cogent thoughts as you see fit, and let the behind the scenes stuff work itself out

Like it or not, its a system that makes this place a better more interesting read than reds.com or espn.com's Reds message boards. I'm for whatever keeps things that way.
    Actually its fine with me, even if I 'qualify', I think I'll stay on this board with the 'peasants'.

Gee, two whole months here and you're already tired of things getting 'old'. Try six years of watching attitude come and go on here. And yes, a lot of people have said those topics are worn out. Did you think that you were the first person here to have that original thought? If you had read the board more you would have known that. You want to be the bull in the china shop, have at it. Just don't expect me to appreciate it.
    So is that the magic number for being allowed to have an opinion on the subject then, six years?

I didn't realize that a satrical post about the general negativity latley is so "bull in the china shop". Nor did I realize that commenting on Puffys attitude was "jumping all over him". It's ok for some here to be condescending as hell, and downright obniouxous defending their opinions, but if someone who's "only been here 2 months" dares make a comment then we got problems? Is that the point you are making?

Goreds...trust me, CE is right. If you focus on making good posts, no matter what your opinions, you will get the rep you are seeking. The more effort you put into making thoughtfull posts, the quicker the number rack up.

I know this has been an issue for you before, and you have every right to feal how you do, but there are some here who able to get rep very quickly despite rarely agreeing with the majority.

GOREDSGO32

I probably would, but it seems to be some people take away points if you have a different opinion. I posted in a thread once about Marty and said I liked how blunt he was and how he told it like it is, and my rep points went down like 20. Yup great stuff. Then the people who dock you points don't ever say anything to you, they just do it, then run away .. I guess like chickens.

To get points you have to:

1) Hate Marty, say he's an arrogant old SOB that should retire
    2) Say Krivsky messed up the trade, we should have gotten Pedro, Ichiro, and ARod out of the deal
    3) Hate anyone on the team over the age of 35. Aurilia, Clayton, anyone else ... that means you
    4) Use trendy statistics like OBP OPB ODE ONE RED LEG, etc to prove points

There that should get me rep points.

Holy cow... I made my last post, went to teach class and came back to like 50 more rep points with the thread still going fairly strong. Ah, the irony. Thanks to all who bequeathed them upon lil' ole me.

Hmmm... now what other nerve can I strike in order to get the 33 points I still need to get in the Club?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye
    Hmmm... now what other nerve can I strike in order to get the 33 points I still need to get in the Club?
    Cash
    Go Gators!

Going back to the original question, from what I remember, its why are there two posts and why isn't the main one in Reds Live. When the board was originally split the game thread was in ORG, then there was two. When there were two it was resolved that better use of bandwith was to reduce it to one which was in Reds Live. A couple of months ago there was a debate that the quality of the game thread had suffered from being in Reds Live (for the reasons given by rem) and it was decided that the game thread would once again be divided into two.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    Going back to the original question, from what I remember, its why are there two posts and why isn't the main one in Reds Live. When the board was originally split the game thread was in ORG, then there was two. When there were two it was resolved that better use of bandwith was to reduce it to one which was in Reds Live. A couple of months ago there was a debate that the quality of the game thread had suffered from being in Reds Live (for the reasons given by rem) and it was decided that the game thread would once again be divided into two.
    Parallel threads are once again allowed because ORG became well......a ghost town. This includes game threads. Once upon a time, anything worth discussing was discussed in RL. The policy was changed and now ORG is active again.

Activity is fairly equal between the two forums now.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    I probably would, but it seems to be some people take away points if you have a different opinion. I posted in a thread once about Marty and said I liked how blunt he was and how he told it like it is, and my rep points went down like 20. Yup great stuff. Then the people who dock you points don't ever say anything to you, they just do it, then run away .. I guess like chickens.

To get points you have to:

1) Hate Marty, say he's an arrogant old SOB that should retire
    2) Say Krivsky messed up the trade, we should have gotten Pedro, Ichiro, and ARod out of the deal
    3) Hate anyone on the team over the age of 35. Aurilia, Clayton, anyone else ... that means you
    4) Use trendy statistics like OBP OPB ODE ONE RED LEG, etc to prove points
    No. just show that some work and thought went into your post. or make me see things differently, and you'll get my positive rep points. Or make me laugh. Whine about rep points and I'll usually give negative rep. I hate threads and posts about rep.

There that should get me rep points.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I never neg people unless its rep whining and it has to be blatant and ugly rep whining.

People who neg for opinions are borderline aholes. Might not even be borderline.

Turn Off Ads?