Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why two different game threads?

Re: Why two different game threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    That's not what you said. You asked why the game thread isn't always on Reds Live and I said that that is because no one has started one. I have seen plenty of nights - and days - where there hasn't been a game thread on Reds Live. Now whether people participate in a game thread that has been started is another question and the answer can only be supplied by those that choose not to participate in the game thread. You may feel awfully dumb talking to yourself but rest assured there are others who feel the same way. Perhaps if you would post in those game threads, others would follow suit.
    Good point. I'll try that next time. Perhaps I'm mostly frustrated because last night I posted quite a few times in a row... to myself.

Thanks to everyone for the eventual answers, everyone. And sorry to raise this (apparently quite old) question again.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    I didnt read that when he posted that. Talk about taking what you want from a post. He is saying that you have done well thus far in gaining reputation but is reluctant to help you much more if all you are going to do is criticize our policy we have established here.
    And if you look at my (albeit modest) post history, you'll see that this is the first time I have questioned anything about how the establishment runs. I've enjoyed my time here, and all I'm trying to do is make this a better functioning community for all involved. I was under the impression that questioning the norms of any institution from time to time is something that promotes healthy growth for all those involved. And, as a member of any community, that's what I've always tried to do. Rather that than suffer in silence... even if it means that some members will be "reluctant" to give me rep points.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye
    And if you look at my (albeit modest) post history, you'll see that this is the first time I have questioned anything about how the establishment runs. I've enjoyed my time here, and all I'm trying to do is make this a better functioning community for all involved. I was under the impression that questioning the norms of any institution from time to time is something that promotes healthy growth for all those involved. And, as a member of any community, that's what I've always tried to do. Rather that than suffer in silence... even if it means that some members will be "reluctant" to give me rep points.
    Am I going to find you in virtual bell bottoms and birkenstocks fighting the RedsZone establishment??

Am I going to find you in virtual bell bottoms and birkenstocks fighting the RedsZone establishment??
    I thought that was the establishment!

Rem

Nah... I used to sport a grunge look around 10 years ago, which I thought was kind of like a latter-day hippie look (hiking boots, two hoop earrings, a Stone Temple Pilots beard, and lots of flannel) but now I'm basically just your everyday cargo shorts-polo shirt kind of preppy grad student. That's perhaps why I have to express the radical nature of my personality via a baseball fan website. Oh well, at least the team I support is the "Reds".

I hope being a hippy and supporting a communist regime arent mutually inclusive or that really solidifies my thoughts about a couple politicians.... Ill leave it at that.

I hope being a hippy and supporting a communist regime arent mutually inclusive or that really solidifies my thoughts about a couple politicians.... Ill leave it at that.
    Certainly not. I like to think of them as two big, circles of influence. They overlap in parts, but there are large parts of both that do not.

Certainly not. I like to think of them as two big, circles of influence. They overlap in parts, but there are large parts of both that do not.
    OK... With that, I say "Go RedLEGS"

OK... With that, I say "Go RedLEGS"
    I think it's time we ask all members of RedsZone one simple question: "Are you, or have you ever been, a member of the Rich Aurilia fan club?"

I think it's time we ask all members of RedsZone one simple question: "Are you, or have you ever been, a member of the Rich Aurilia fan club?"
    I think currently, the question should be asked is this:

"Are you, or have you ever been a member of the Jerry Narron fan club?"

Leading league in hotness

A game thread with no commentary, only play-by-play. Sounds *yawn* exciting to follow.

Please give me a break. A game-thread is made to discuss the game, and the team. Just because it's not a continual PBP doesn't mean it's being hijacked. Jeez just use mlb.com or espn.com for a pbp.

Well 4, I can see by your tag that you enjoy wadeing through multiple pages of: , , , :runawaycr, , OK! , YES!, Boo!, ummmm, no, Hi Creek, Hello!, and so on. Have a good time.....

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    Well 4, I can see by your tag that you enjoy wadeing through multiple pages of: , , , :runawaycr, , OK! , YES!, Boo!, ummmm, no, Hi Creek, Hello!, and so on. Have a good time.....

Rem
    To each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I still dont know if Chip R is a mod or a rocker...

If only there was some way on this page to find out.

It was done to make rem angry. Not that it was really necessary.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?