Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm not one to dwell on old Reds players...

I'm not one to dwell on old Reds players...

...but Kearns/Lopez 1 for 9 with another 8 men left on base 3 Ks and no RBI. Not to revel in those guys not playing well, but I think in the end Krivsky is going to come out looking a lot better than some people think.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: I'm not one to dwell on old Reds players...

I've been paying attention to their numbers as well, and they haven't been any where near "good," but there's still a whole lot of time left for the players on each side of the deal to prove themselves.

I think it's a bit unfair to attempt to judge them at this short juncture. After they settle in, they'll be fine.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 07-20-2006 at 04:38 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I Still Miss Sean Casey

Yeah, I'm rooting for them to succeed in Washington. 'Cept when they play us, of course.

Don't know if Lopez or Kearns are good friends or not, but can
    you imagine those two sitting in the Reds visiting dugout earlier this year thinking "Man I would sure hate playing for this Nats team and in this park".
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Speaking of old Reds players, I saw Aaron Boone hit his 5th HR of the year last night. I thought I was seeing things for a while but later on they showed it again and, sure enough, he only has 5 HRs this year. Now I do not necessarily think that a guy has to have 25 HRs to be a successful player but, my goodness has he slipped. How would you like to be paying $7M, $8M for that production? Also, this morning, the Enquirer had an article on Hatteberg and compared his stats to Sean Caseys. Case only has a little over 20 RBIs this year. Now I know the man has been hurt but Mr. Hat is only a part time player himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Kearns+Lopez = 44 AB, 5 hits, 2 runs, 1 RBI, 3 errors, 469 OPS

Clayton = 14 AB, 6 hits, 2 runs, 4 RBI, 1 error, 1000 OPS

I've no doubt that Kearns and Lopez will hit for the Nats. If you want to base the value of the trade to the Reds upon how they hit, then you'll be disappointed.

5-1 is the key number for the Reds right now. That may not be because of the trade, but it does indicate that the Reds still might be in a contending position, and therefore fixing the bullpen this season and not waiting until next year was an important thing to do.

Add in Denorfia and the stats look like an advantage Reds.

Since the trade stats:
    Total AB Hits Runs RBI SB Avg.
    Lopez/Kearns 44 5 2 1 2 .113

Deno/Clayton 32 10 2 6 2 .313

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat
    Don't know if Lopez or Kearns are good friends or not, but can
    you imagine those two sitting in the Reds visiting dugout earlier this year thinking "Man I would sure hate playing for this Nats team and in this park".
    Ironically, they haven't even played at "home" yet!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Well, on the flip side, I don't think either of the relievers we've gotten has made a positive contribution yet. Although I might've missed an appearance.

Of course, that doesn't mean they won't or the trade sucks, but it's silly to justify the trade this early based on a few games.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I feel bad for Kearns, as I would like to see the guy succeed. I have a feeling that he might to continue to hit well, but his slugging will drop big time...I hope he ends up playing in hitter's park, playing in RFK will not help his value...

Well to be fair if we are going to look at what Kearns and Lopez have done we might as well point this out.

Majewski 0-1 2ip 5er 22.50era

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maniem
    I feel bad for Kearns, as I would like to see the guy succeed. I have a feeling that he might to continue to hit well, but his slugging will drop big time...I hope he ends up playing in hitter's park, playing in RFK will not help his value...
    Don't totally agree. AK gets a lot a SLG% from doubles down the lines. HRs are mostly right or pulled left. He lose some, but doubt it's Guillen-esque.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    Well, on the flip side, I don't think either of the relievers we've gotten has made a positive contribution yet. Although I might've missed an appearance.

Of course, that doesn't mean they won't or the trade sucks, but it's silly to justify the trade this early based on a few games.
    Amen.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?