Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cant a reporter ask Narron about EE

Cant a reporter ask Narron about EE

I think in New York an inquiring reporter might stumble upon a question asking the distinguished "manager" why EE is not playing?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cant a reporter ask Narron about EE

They might as well ask. The Cincinnati media certainly doesn't seem interested.

Days go by in the "newspaper" and no mention of an obvious incongruity

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Reporters i think tend to not ask the tough questions for fear of falling out of favor.

Its a total arse kissing disease that effects the sniveling types that alot of times reporters are.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    Reporters i think tend to not ask the tough questions for fear of falling out of favor.

Its a total arse kissing disease that effects the sniveling types that alot of times reporters are.
    True. But it's not exactly a tough question. Nor does it seem one to get Narron angry. My guess is that they don't ask because they already know the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

A friend of mine (retired sportswriter) who used to work the Reds beat as a fill in once in a while (he was a columnist and basketball writer) told me about how the beat writers seem afraid to ask managers any lineup and strategy questions. Told me that whenever he asked McKeon those questions Mckeon reacted like you had "raped his wife and shot his dog".

Managers don't like being second guessed, anytime, and if you want to stay on friendly terms then you had better pick your spots wisely. Most sportswriters like being on friendly terms with those they cover regularly.

Maybe Marty will ask via the pre-game show sometime soon.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I'd guess it's Rich's hot hand lately.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

What's EdE, he's gotten on base something like 7 for his last 8 plate attempts or something

Honestly, even though I'm a die hard EdE fan, and cannot stand Aurilia starting at 3B, the answer is easy (but not saying it is right):

Look at Aurilia's numbers lately. In July, he has hit in every game, batting .381/.435/.548 and he's an average fielder. Even I, and probably Reds44, can take off our EdE goggles and realize that Richie is doing alright.

It's really too bad Narron can't see other things in front of him like Junior absolutely flailing at the ball, or BP needing a day off mentally, or the fact that Castro was on fire and is now iced on the bench all week. I think when Freel is healthy again, he'll see a couple games at 2nd to give BP a day off.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    Honestly, even though I'm a die hard EdE fan, and cannot stand Aurilia starting at 3B, the answer is easy (but not saying it is right):

Look at Aurilia's numbers lately. In July, he has hit in every game, batting .381/.435/.548 and he's an average fielder. Even I, and probably Reds44, can take off our EdE goggles and realize that Richie is doing alright.

It's really too bad Narron can't see other things in front of him like Junior absolutely flailing at the ball, or BP needing a day off mentally, or the fact that Castro was on fire and is now iced on the bench all week. I think when Freel is healthy again, he'll see a couple games at 2nd to give BP a day off.
    Ok... Look at Phillips numbers lately and that should resolve the stalemate rather easily if you ask me.

Heck, move Phillips into SS and Rich to 2nd if we still want to keep Phillips on the field.

Ok... Look at Phillips numbers lately and that should resolve the stalemate rather easily if you ask me.

Heck, move Phillips into SS and Rich to 2nd if we still want to keep Phillips on the field.
    I've been all for playing Ryan Freel over Phillips since day one. I'm not sure that Brandon Phillips isn't just a mirage at the plate. He plays good defense, but he makes a lot of outs.

Brandon Phillips July 2006 (58 PA) .151/.220/.189/.409
    Ryan Freel July 2006 (33 PA) .300/.364/.467/.830

It certainly looks like Brandon Phillips has come back to his old self.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51

I have said a number of a times I don't mind Rich starting most of the time. Start him over Clayton, start him over Phillips, start him vs. LHP at 1st base. Don't start him over Edwin. Without Kearns and Felipe Edwin is our 2nd or 3rd best offensive player.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS
    What's EdE, he's gotten on base something like 7 for his last 8 plate attempts or something
    7 of 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Gosh, I think it's swell to try to get into that new-fangled playoff spot called the 'Wild Card' this year. And, yes sirree Bob, I think our manager, Jerry, is doing a hum-dinger of a job. Ya' know, it isn't always whether you win or lose but how ya' play the game, dag gumit. And I really like that Jerry runs that ol' hoss, Richie out there. After all, he puts people in the seats and that young fella', well, he just don't and golly, he'll probably be playing third base for the next 10-12 years so lets get us a real ball player out there while we still can. I mean, who cares about next year or after that. We can get into what, 3 whole games in them there playoffs with this team?

Jim Bob

You know that isnt happenin this year.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Turn Off Ads?