Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I Don't Play in Fantasy Leagues Where They...

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I Don't Play in Fantasy Leagues Where They...

Have divisions. Playoff spots should not be rewarded to a team who has a worse record than anybody else. Period.

An 7-7 fantasy football team should not go the playoffs because he was the "division champ."

Most pro sports leagues have divisions due to time zones. Fantasy leagues have no reason for divisions. The top teams should go and that's it.

Cannot stand other rules that penalize those who perform well, either:

2) Not rewarding fractional points in fantasy football for yards gained.

I should get more points than you if my running back rushed for 79 yards and yours rushed for 70. Who does not see this?

Any rule pet peaves for you guys?

I also hate trades. I'm spending $50 in a league where the worst team just traded the best team Albert Pujols for Carl Crawford and Ervin Santana.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Re: I Don't Play in Fantasy Leagues Where They...

Hate trades? That's almost blasphemy. Actually, if I could eliminate trades from fantasy sports it would be the first thing I would do. Nothing causes more problems than disagreements over trades.

I love the draft and the draft preparation. Trading devalues the draft for me, having said that it will never change, unless you join a no-trade league, because too many people like trading.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

I like trades, but it's frustrating when you get at least one ridiculous trade offer a week. For example, I got offered Kevin Milwood for Joe Nathan yesterday. Why would anyone think I would take that?

I hate NFL playoffs for fantasy football. I led all of last year, and the last 2 weeks are playoffs. Of course, I have Palmer, and he barely plays against the Chiefs, so my season is done. I think when they use the last 2 weeks as playoffs, it isn't a true measure of how your team really is. A lot of players get rested those weeks if the teams they are playing for have nothing to gain.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    I hate NFL playoffs for fantasy football. I led all of last year, and the last 2 weeks are playoffs. Of course, I have Palmer, and he barely plays against the Chiefs, so my season is done. I think when they use the last 2 weeks as playoffs, it isn't a true measure of how your team really is. A lot of players get rested those weeks if the teams they are playing for have nothing to gain.
    The other part to that is that sometimes it will be a 12 team league but 8 teams will make the playoffs. Another issue is that during those last few weeks you have players, with minor injuries on teams that have a playoff berth locked up, that don't play to get ready for the playoffs. Or teams play their best players for 1 quarter to rest them. So you can have an 8th place team winning because their guys play on teams that are still battling for a playoff spot and are therefore getting more playing time. Of course, we all know that going in so while it's tough, it shouldn't be a big surprise.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Trading devalues the draft for me,
    Bingo. I do all that work to draft a first place squad and then somebody trades Albert Pujols for Carl Crawford and Ervim Santana to the second place team (who is actually the best team right now).

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed
    Hate trades? That's almost blasphemy. Actually, if I could eliminate trades from fantasy sports it would be the first thing I would do. Nothing causes more problems than disagreements over trades.

I love the draft and the draft preparation. Trading devalues the draft for me, having said that it will never change, unless you join a no-trade league, because too many people like trading.
    I would disagree in that most problems are caused by dead teams. I love a good trade. We are pretending to be MLB GM's here and that is part of the process. Some of the trade offers do get ridiculous though. Once made a 12 player trade with a guy once. And it was seriously legit. Anyway that's TRF's and I story.

Turn Off Ads?