Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Big Game, Narron does well

Big Game, Narron does well

Gotta admit, although I still hate the lineups he puts out there, Narron did a great job tonight of managing what I consider to be a very tough game to manage. Starting pitcher out after 2 innings in a close game, you don't get that combo to often. He seemed to pull all the right strings.

I felt obligated to post this because I bash just about everything else he does.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Big Game, Narron does well

Had they lost, it would have been his fault. Mark it down...

I don't agree with every move he makes, and will call him out if I really question it, he does do some head scratchers...but sometimes the over-analysis of every step he makes gets a little crazy and uncalled for.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 07-20-2006 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    Gotta admit, although I still hate the lineups he puts out there, Narron did a great job tonight of managing what I consider to be a very tough game to manage. Starting pitcher out after 2 innings in a close game, you don't get that combo to often. He seemed to pull all the right strings.

I felt obligated to post this because I bash just about everything else he does.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Harang didn't look good thru 2 IP. I'm almost surprised Harang didn't come back out after the rain delay, but then again, maybe this means we'll skip Mays start coming up and pitch Harang again, in which case Narron is a genius.

Less Mays, more Harang.

Always a good move in my book.

The bullpen pitching 7 IP scoreless is a unicorn. It doesn't exist. Don't get used to this, Reds fans.

I'd go with Mays... Just giving an over worked arm some time off.... Just saying... Keep it normal... Harrang only threw 51 pitches tonight... But keep him on his normal rotation...
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    I'd go with Mays... Just giving an over worked arm some time off.... Just saying... Keep it normal... Harrang only threw 51 pitches tonight... But keep him on his normal rotation...
    Remember the 130 pitch game?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203
    I'd throw Mays if we had a 25 game lead, other than that, he is in the pen unless absolutely needed. I honestly thought we were going to see him in the 3rd inning though tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    Remember the 130 pitch game?
    Yes... I love Harang... But he has been over worked this year.... You hope and pray that Mays gets the job done.. Or the offence can out perform what Mays gives up...

Its a risky move... But i'd sure feel better to give Harrang an extra couple days off.. Thats just me.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Had they lost, it would have been his fault. Mark it down...

I don't agree with every move he makes, and will call him out if I really question it, he does do some head scratchers...but sometimes the over-analysis of every step he makes gets a little crazy and uncalled for.
    I agree completely. I am not a big Narron hater. I dont think he's that bad. I think he's got the respect of his ball club - something Miley and Baboone never had. And he did very well tonight. Which begs the question - what the HELL was Narron thinking LAST night? There was still absolutely NO excuse for the way he managed last nights game. None. Milton did his job and was out of gas.. should have been pulled, no question.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51

Classy post. Good to see people giving props where it's due. It's funny to see people missing the point that you were just paying him a complement for last nights game, not nominating him for manager of the year. Apparently they will never give Narron any props period even if deserved.

Hopefully last night's performance takes some of the sting out of his horrible decision making on the Miltion situatuion the night before. Well.....I don't know...that was a pretty horrible decision.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 07-20-2006 at 08:51 AM.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Narron definitely keeps you on your toes!

But a good post AvesIce51.

To some - baseball is nothing more then science..... and therefore, Narron is one poor scientist.

I bet if people analyzed/studied the lineups/batting orders of a majority of today's teams in MLB they'd be scratching their head (or beating them aganist the walls).

I don't deny - and I'm really intrigued by the "scientific" aspects of the study of the game....

I just don't let pythagoreanism (or expectation)(see below) cause me to want to run outside, pull strands of my hair out and kick the crap out of the dog, because Aurilia is batting cleanup!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_expectation

Makes me feel like Foghorn Leghorn

Last edited by GAC; 07-20-2006 at 09:18 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?