Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: XM Radio

Re: XM Radio

I use my XM roady through the FM radio in the car. I don't have the unit or the antenna mounted I just toss the antenna on the dash and lay the receiver unit in the seat or console and when I drive a different car it's easy to move. I also realized that the signal will brodcast from the receiver to the FM radio a pretty good distance ( at least across my front yard). It does this well enough that I can place the unit on the dash of my car in the driveway and use an FM radio in the house near a window and tune it to the set XM frequency and it picks up the signal.
    Like several others have mentioned since baseball is on XM,sirius was never an option to me. NFL would be nice but thats only one day a week, Nascar I like OK but I don't think I've ever been anywhere that you couldn't pick up the race on at least three different stations with a regular radio anyway. I didn't know that the SEC was on sirius, I was hoping XM would get that.
    Basically I listen to only MLB homeplate, the comedy channel 150, Ron and Fex or O & A on 202 and maybe some 80's and 90's country or classic rock. Also of course the Reds and other NL games.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Got XM radio for my father in law as a gift to help him along in his battle with cancer as he was laid up at home for many months. He loved the technology and being able to listen to a variety of news, music, talk, and sports. When he passed away in Febuary he bestowed the XM on me and I have cherished being able to listen to the Reds. Brought back old memories of waiting for it to get dark so I could try and bring WLW's signal in and listen to Marty and Joe. With XM signal is crystal clear. Between Sirius and XM you can't go wrong with either choose based on what you like to listen to. I would however be a bit concerned about Sirius and their financial stability. Their bidding seems to have gotten them well into the red even tough subscriptions continue to rise. Hopefully XM and Sirius merge and we can have the best of both worlds.

As I am writing this, Pete Rose is being interviewed on XM Radio (XM165). The show is called Costas On The Radio.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

To those with XM radio and can record, these games are on XM175 the next two mornings. I am guessing it will be the LA and Okland broadcast teams since usually it is the home teams broadcast on XM.

September 25
    3AM-6AM 1995 NLDS Game 1 Cincinnati at Los Angeles

September 26
    3AM-6AM 1990 World Series Game 4 Cincinnati @ Oakland

http://www.xmradio.com/programming/x...?ch=175&id=790
    Last edited by goreds2; 09-24-2006 at 05:44 PM.

I've had an XM subscription for about three years now and love it. I've got a Roady XT in my car but plan on taking it out as soon as I decide to get a car kit for my Inno. The Inno's a bit pricey but so far I've found it to be worth it. And the fact that there is a baseball only station 24/7 is great. And when you do get it, check out Opie and Anthony on 202. They're hilarious.

If anyone is interested and thinks we still have a slim shot, here are the channels the Cards and Astros play on tonight. (9/25/06)

09/25/2006 Astros @ Phillies 7:05PM ET XM 184

9/25/2006 White Sox @ Indians 7:05PM ET XM 177
    Red Sox @ Blue Jays 7:07PM ET XM 179
    Red Sox @ Blue Jays (español) 7:07PM ET XM 190
    Nationals @ Mets 7:10PM ET XM 185
    Yankees @ Devil Rays 7:15PM ET XM 176
    Royals @ Twins 8:10PM ET XM 180

Padres @ Cardinals 8:10PM ET XM 187

Athletics @ Mariners 10:05PM ET XM 181
    Rangers @ Angels 10:05PM ET XM 182
    Diamondbacks @ Giants 10:15PM ET XM 189
    Diamondbacks @ Giants (español) 10:15PM ET XM 190

This weeks Playoff Schedule on XM:

10/3/2006
    Athletics @ Twins 1:00PM ET XM 176
    Athletics @ Twins 1:00PM ET XM 188
    Cardinals @ Padres 4:00PM ET XM 189
    Cardinals @ Padres 4:00PM ET XM 183
    Tigers @ Yankees (español) 8:00PM ET XM 190
    Tigers @ Yankees 8:00PM ET XM 177
    Tigers @ Yankees 8:00PM ET XM 188

10/4/2006
    Athletics @ Twins 1:00PM ET XM 188
    Athletics @ Twins 1:00PM ET XM 176
    Dodgers @ Mets 4:00PM ET XM 189
    Dodgers @ Mets 4:00PM ET XM 184
    Tigers @ Yankees (español) 8:00PM ET XM 190
    Tigers @ Yankees 8:00PM ET XM 177
    Tigers @ Yankees 8:00PM ET XM 188

10/5/2006
    Cardinals @ Padres 4:00PM ET XM 188
    Cardinals @ Padres 4:00PM ET XM 183
    Dodgers @ Mets (español) 8:00PM ET XM 190
    Dodgers @ Mets 8:00PM ET XM 184
    Dodgers @ Mets 8:00PM ET XM 189

10/6/2006
    Twins @ Athletics 4:00PM ET XM 188
    Twins @ Athletics 4:00PM ET XM 176
    Yankees @ Tigers (español) 8:00PM ET XM 190
    Yankees @ Tigers 8:00PM ET XM 189
    Yankees @ Tigers 8:00PM ET XM 177

A new baseball show on XM175:

XM 175: Baseball Confidential: Every Thursday 6pm With Encores

Baseball Confidential: David Ortiz
    Thursday, November 9 - 6 PM ET on MLB Home Plate - XM 175

In the style of Artist Confidential, XM presents Baseball Confidential, a series of one-on-one interviews held in front of a live studio audience with players, managers, and legendary broadcasters who will share their stories off the field and outside the broadcast booth. Baseball Confidential will feature a new guest every week: David Ortiz, Ernie Harwell, Cal Ripken Jr., Tommy Lasorda, Jon Miller, and more. Listen to the stories you won't want to miss on Baseball Confidential!

This week, meet David Ortiz. From his roots in the Dominican Republic to his career in the Majors, Ortiz recalls the first game he went to with his uncle as well as the time he won the 2004 World Series.

Encores:

Friday, 11/10 - 9 PM ET on MLB Home Plate - XM 175
    Saturday, 11/11 - 9 AM ET on MLB Home Plate - XM 175
    Sunday, 11/12 - 11 AM ET on MLB Home Plate - XM 175
    Sunday, 11/12 - 8 AM and 11 PM ET on XM Sports Nation - XM 143
    Monday, 11/13 - 3 PM and 7 PM ET on XM Sports Nation - XM 143
    Tuesday, 11/14 - 7 PM ET on XM Sports Nation - XM 143

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelguide.xmc?ch=175

If anyone is thinking about getting XM Radio for Christmas, this is a great deal. (It records over 5 hours of XM Content)

$89.98

http://store.xmfanstore.com/taoxm2go.html

Remember, it has a 24/7 baseball channel plus all MLB Home broadcasts. (If the Reds play in Houston, you get Houston's broadcast team)
    Last edited by goreds2; 11-30-2006 at 09:45 PM.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    If anyone is thinking about getting XM Radio for Christmas, this is a great deal. (It records over 5 hours of XM Content)

$89.98

http://store.xmfanstore.com/taoxm2go.html

Remember, it has a 24/7 baseball channel plus all MLB Home broadcasts. (If the Reds play in Houston, you get Houston's broadcast team)
    That's the one I have. It's pretty nice except that the display is a bit dim on sunny days. The recording feature is nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    A new baseball show on XM175:

XM 175: Baseball Confidential: Every Thursday 6pm With Encores

Baseball Confidential: David Ortiz
    Thursday, November 9 - 6 PM ET on MLB Home Plate - XM 175

In the style of Artist Confidential, XM presents Baseball Confidential, a series of one-on-one interviews held in front of a live studio audience with players, managers, and legendary broadcasters who will share their stories off the field and outside the broadcast booth. Baseball Confidential will feature a new guest every week: David Ortiz, Ernie Harwell, Cal Ripken Jr., Tommy Lasorda, Jon Miller, and more. Listen to the stories you won't want to miss on Baseball Confidential!

This week, meet David Ortiz. From his roots in the Dominican Republic to his career in the Majors, Ortiz recalls the first game he went to with his uncle as well as the time he won the 2004 World Series.

Encores:

Friday, 11/10 - 9 PM ET on MLB Home Plate - XM 175
    Saturday, 11/11 - 9 AM ET on MLB Home Plate - XM 175
    Sunday, 11/12 - 11 AM ET on MLB Home Plate - XM 175
    Sunday, 11/12 - 8 AM and 11 PM ET on XM Sports Nation - XM 143
    Monday, 11/13 - 3 PM and 7 PM ET on XM Sports Nation - XM 143
    Tuesday, 11/14 - 7 PM ET on XM Sports Nation - XM 143

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelguide.xmc?ch=175
    Tonight (12/7/06), Cal Ripken Jr. is the guest.

This Week on XM:

1/10/07:

Reds Hot Stove League on XM 173 (WLW) 6:05 PM - 7PM.

Games Below on XM175:

January 13
    3-6AM ET: Replay of Radio Broadcast of the1979 NLCS Game 2 Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati

January 19
    3-6AM ET: 1990 World Series Game 4 Cincinnati @ Oakland (Oakland broadcast)

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/features...assicgames.xmc

I have been LOVING this new channel since launched yesterday.

Sirius XM Radio announced today that it will launch “Simon & Garfunkel Radio,” the commercial-free music channel featuring music and rare interviews celebrating the release of the critically-acclaimed and generation-defining album*Bridge Over Troubled Water: *40th Anniversary Edition.

“Simon & Garfunkel Radio” will launch on*Friday, March 4*at*6:00 pm ET*and will run through*Friday, March 18*on Sirius channel 113 and XM channel 38.

The limited-run channel will feature music spanning*Paul Simon*and*Art Garfunkel’s careers, including music from the duo’s Grammy Award-winning catalog as well as solo music from both iconic artists. Listeners will hear*Paul Simon*and*Art Garfunkel*discuss*Bridge Over Troubled Water: *40th Anniversary Edition, scheduled to be released on*March 8, as well as the original historic recording sessions, the duo’s famous performance in*Central Park, and the music that influenced them, including some of their earliest recordings together as Tom & Jerry.

“Simon & Garfunkel’s music still resonates today; they are living legends and cultural icons,” said*Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. “Our channel will play their hits as well as the rarities, providing a full musical picture of these important artists. It’s the kind of wonderful, deep and comprehensive look at artists that only SiriusXM can provide.”

Simon & Garfunkel’s*Bridge Over Troubled Water: 40th Anniversary Edition, thedeluxe DVD+CD set, includes the original 11-song album plus the duo’s never-before-commercially-available*“Songs Of America” CBS*television special from 1969 on DVD. The DVD will also include*The Harmony Game: The Making of Bridge Over Troubled Water,*a newly-created documentary on*Bridge Over Troubled Water featuring new interviews with*Paul Simon*and*Art Garfunkel.

The channel will also be available on SiriusXM Internet Radio on Limited Engagements, and through the SiriusXM App for the Apple iPhone, iPod touch and several BlackBerry and Android-powered smartphone devices starting*Friday, March 4*for an extended period.

“Simon & Garfunkel Radio” is the latest example of SiriusXM’s original artist-branded channels dedicated to iconic musicians. In addition to its current lineup of*Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Radio, Elvis Radio and Radio Margaritaville,SiriusXM has previously offered channels such as “Paul McCartney’s*Band on the Run Radio,” “Elton!,” “The Who Channel,” “Mandatory Metallica,” “Paul McCartney’s Fireman Radio,” “Rolling Stones Radio,” “AC/DC Radio,” “Led Zeppelin Radio,” “Miles Davis Radio,” “The Spectrum of*John Mellencamp,” “Radio R.E.M.,” “Coldplay Nation,” “ABBA Radio,” “Jay-Z Nation,” “Garth Brooks Radio” and “Duran Duran*’s Red Carpet Radio.”

For more information on Simon & Garfunkel, visit*www.simonandgarfunkel.com

Turn Off Ads?