Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XM Radio

Re: XM Radio

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    We have a Super Walmarts, and they do carry XM Radio systems.
    Feed the Beast!!!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sounds good to me.

Thanks alot for your help guys. I really appreciate it.

I live in a mid-sized town. We have a Super Walmarts, and they do carry XM Radio systems. I'm gonna go check them out (anxious to get one).

But if I can't get a deal there, I'll probably order the Audiovox listed above....

http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/in...OD&ProdID=2036

But I don't need the home kit with this one?

Thanks again!
    No won't need a home kit because that comes with the boombox. I just found an even better deal. You can get that whole set with the boombox for $99. This is that store from the XM411 site they are a good store that ships fast. Here is the link.

http://www.myradiostore.us/xm-radio-...-audiovox.html

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic
    No won't need a home kit because that comes with the boombox. I just found an even better deal. You can get that whole set with the boombox for $99. This is that store from the XM411 site they are a good store that ships fast. Here is the link.

http://www.myradiostore.us/xm-radio-...-audiovox.html
    Man Reds Fanatic!

I'm gonna have to add you to my Christmas card list!

Thanks alot!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Feed the Beast!!!
    Living in a small town, with not many options - we do every week to the tune of about $200 (groceries).

And the Beast is my 17 yr old son who will eat anything that doesn't move!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Man Reds Fanatic!

I'm gonna have to add you to my Christmas card list!

Thanks alot!
    GAC,

I have had XM Radio for 20 months and have enjoyed every day of it. 700WLW is offered on the XM radio lineup but they cannot broadcast the Reds or Bengals game on the WLW channel XM 173. It is great for the pre and post game shows which XM can broadcast. I record these almost daily on my XM MyFi in the event I cannot listen at the current time it is on.

http://www.myradiostore.us/xm-radio-...i-sa10113.html

Here is some information and questions you may have regarding WLW on XM:

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/XM173.html

As you know XM broadcasts all MLB games. One note is that only the home team broadcast is provided. Say the Reds are playing in St. Louis, you will hear the Cardinals broadcast team. If the Reds are at home, you will hear Marty and Steve. The HOMEPLATE station (XM175) is a 24/7 talk show even during the OFF-SEASON! Here is some information on that.

http://www.xmradio.com/programming/c...age.jsp?ch=175

Your XM radio you choose will wirelessly go through ANY FM stereo. All you do is program your XM receiver to an FM station then you tune your regular FM stereo to that assigned station number.

If you are not comfortable installing your XM radio in your car, Best Buy will do it for around $45. I had them install mine.

Please remember, indoors you normally cannot get a signal where ever you set it up. You will probably have to have the XM antenna facing south via a window. Sometimes, you may not need a window though.

For the beginner, you should probably take Reds Fanatic advice and buy the BUNDLE deal for $99. That is a great deal. If recording things is a high priority, the MyFi is a great device (I have two). As Reds Fanatic also said, the
    XM411.com website is very good. XMFAN.com is also another very good site.

Good luck in your choce. Any question(s), please ask.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

That sounds right up my alley cumberland.

I'm assuming, since my car stereo system is not XM "capatible", and I therefore want to go with a home setup, I just need to get a receiver and Boombox with an auxilary jack?
    If you have an FM radio in your car and a cigarette lighter you are set. You just plug in the cradle to the cigarette lighter and tune your fm radio to the best frequency. Mine is 107.9. Your owners manual will tell what frequencies are best. Everything you need for the boombox comes with it. It can be battery operated or electric. FYI the Batteries don't last long so going the electric route is best. You can also use the Roady receiver in the boombox if decide to buy that type of receiver. I think the Roady is about the same price as the Audiovox.
    Like others have said you can activate online cheaper and it only takes a few minutes to kick in. XM online only has music stations,no MLB games or talk radio. I haven't used it very much. Enjoy!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Have you guys noticed they have some ads on the music only channels now? I am a little disappointed about that...that was a big selling point to me, but I still like it.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon
    Have you guys noticed they have some ads on the music only channels now? I am a little disappointed about that...that was a big selling point to me, but I still like it.
    The ads are on the CLEAR CHANNEL music stations only (I think 6 of them). The Clear Channel stations will have a CM on your XM Receiver screen. There normally are only 2 minutes of commericals per hour. When I hear a commerical, I just grin to myself and go to another station.

six or seven years ago, Clear Channel invested around 75 million dollars to help start up XM radio. This was (I think) part of the agreement.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

In some cases, when those Clear Channel-programmed channels added commercials, XM just added another similar ad-free channel.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

I got the TAO XM to go. It has vehcle and home kit. When I get a rental car, I justt a take the home kit antenna and put it on the dash. I don't even bother to mount the antenna outside. For most of the time I get a signal. Plus the XM2GO has a rechargeble battery that makes it portable. I can take it on walks, listen to the game while my kids are on amusement park ride, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed
    In some cases, when those Clear Channel-programmed channels added commercials, XM just added another similar ad-free channel.
    You are correct. (I forgot to mention that.)

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    I got the TAO XM to go. It has vehcle and home kit. When I get a rental car, I justt a take the home kit antenna and put it on the dash. I don't even bother to mount the antenna outside. For most of the time I get a signal. Plus the XM2GO has a rechargeble battery that makes it portable. I can take it on walks, listen to the game while my kids are on amusement park ride, etc.
    It's a beautiful thing, isn't it.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

GAC - thanks for this topic.

Over the weekend, I did a friend a favor and drove her car to Texas (she has moved there) and got hooked on XM during the ride. I have ot some good ideas from this thread as well as some on slickdeals.com

Thanks everyone for your input.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

With the Reds contending, it is also awesome to have XM to get immediate updates on scores and even listen to another game that has impact on the Reds lead in the wildcard etc.

XM also has receivers that has a scrolling scoreboard on whatever teams you want to set up.

You can also activate a stock ticker which I am sure Tracy Jones has.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I have the Delphi RoadyXT.

I love it, however I think the music stations on Sirius are a bit better. The only problem with that is that baseball is not on Sirius. That has just been my observation.

I think what I am going to do is buy a Sirius radio as well, and just switch after baseball season is over. Sirius has that darn Foosball.

Turn Off Ads?