Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XM Radio

Re: XM Radio

GAC,

I have a extra Delphi SkyFi receiver if you are interested in joining the XM world. Send me a PM.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just a reminder that the Hall Of Fame ceramony is on ESPN radio (XM140).

2006 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

ESPN Radio - XM 140 - 1:30 PM - 4PM ET
    XM Satellite Radio brings you the 2006 Induction Ceremony featuring Bruce Sutter. ESPN Radio anchors the coverage on XM 140.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

XM had added a new sports channel starting later this month:

Original XM Shows Hosted By Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Jimmie Johnson, Cal Ripken, Jr., Coach Mike Krzyzewski, James Carville and Luke Russert to Be Featured on ‘XM Sports Nation’ Channel

‘XM Sports Nation’ Lineup to Feature Popular Content from Sporting News Radio and Original XM Sports Programming, Including New Daily Sports News Show

XM today announced the launch of “XM Sports Nation,” (XMSN) a dedicated 24-hour sports news and talk channel. The programming lineup for XMSN (XM channel 143) will incorporate existing XM-produced series, including shows hosted by Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Jimmie Johnson, Cal Ripken, Jr., Coach Mike Krzyzewski, James Carville and Luke Russert. To complement XM’s original sports programming, XM Sports Nation will feature popular content from Sporting News Radio, including shows from Tim Brando, Tony Bruno and Troy Aikman, among others. The channel will debut on XM’s programming lineup August 28.

XM will add several new shows to the lineup, including “XMSN This Morning,” a daily show featuring the latest in sports news, highlights, interviews and scores from the world of professional and collegiate sports. The weekday program will be hosted by XM personality T.J. Rives, current host of the original XM program “College Football Coast-to-Coast.” In addition to “XMSN This Morning,” the 24-hour sports news channel also will feature original XM shows dedicated to collegiate sports, motorsports, fantasy sports and more.

“With play-by-play broadcasts of more than 5,000 sporting events each year, XM is clearly the satellite radio leader in sports programming. ‘XM Sports Nation’ will provide fans with a primary destination for general sports news, commentary and original XM programming, as well as complement the broad range of professional and collegiate sports programming XM currently offers,” said Eric Logan, executive vice president of programming for XM Satellite Radio.

Logan continued, “This new channel represents the next phase in building a strong, independent sports media brand for XM that leverages our original programming with established third-party content, providing XM with an efficient and flexible way to offer subscribers a compelling listening experience.”

“We are excited to be working with XM on this new project. Sporting News Radio’s great personalities will fit in perfectly with the original programming XM will be providing for their listeners,” said Shawn Pastor, senior vice president of business development for Sporting News Radio.

A complete programming schedule for XMSN, including show descriptions and times, is available online at http://www.xmradio.com/xmsn.

from http://www.whatsonmyxm.com/?p=56

GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

For you old folks like me XM has brought back America's Top 40 hosted by Casey Kasem on the 70's and 80's channels. They had a marathon weekend of his old shows this past weekend. It was great going back to hear some of the old shows and songs. Even though the dedications still seem as sappy now as they did then. I'm not sure when they will regulary scheduled. I could n't find it on their website.
    I found a link to when it's on. Looks like 10pm Wednesday and Thursday and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

http://www.whatsonmyxm.com/?page_id=36
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 08-08-2006 at 01:34 PM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Sirius has just added Nascar coverage to their lineup

For all those Nascar fans out there.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken

Old news, kind of. They outbid XM for NASCAR race rights starting next year.
    Not all who wander are lost

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken

Not sure how many left hand turns i can pictur ein my mind whilst listening to such coverage.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Now if XM could just pick up the Premiership and/or Champions League...
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Now if XM could just pick up the Premiership and/or Champions League...
    They did cover all the World Cup action.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Yes they did, and I loved it. But now I've got the jones for top flight association football. I sent them an email telling them how much I enjoyed their coverage and that I'd like to hear more.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    For you old folks like me XM has brought back America's Top 40 hosted by Casey Kasem on the 70's and 80's channels. They had a marathon weekend of his old shows this past weekend. It was great going back to hear some of the old shows and songs. Even though the dedications still seem as sappy now as they did then. I'm not sure when they will regulary scheduled. I could n't find it on their website.
    I found a link to when it's on. Looks like 10pm Wednesday and Thursday and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

http://www.whatsonmyxm.com/?page_id=36
    CASEY KASEM:

70s every Sat. at Noon ET & Weds. 10PM ET
    80s every Sun. at 10AM ET & Thurs. 10PM ET

GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498
    Thats the great thing about satellite radio. It offers so much more choice. I dont give a rats behind about soccer or NASCAR, but i have so man other choices, its great. I cant tell you how crazy it use to make me when I would turn on the local sports station to NSACAR tonight or something lese I had no interest in.

Now I just flip on XM 175 and smile.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    Now I just flip on XM 175 and smile.
    "MLB Home Plate is your source for all things baseball."

GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

For those considering XM Radio for the Reds playoff drive:

This is a great deal on an XM radio. It records 5 hours of music programming and about 8 hours of talk/Reds games. It comes with the home and car kit. The car kit has the cassette adaptor which is better sound quality than setting it up with an FM frequency. There is also an extra car kit for $9.99.

This entire setup is only $49.99 at COMPUSA (pick up only). I paid $188 for my portable MyFi last September which was a good deal at the time.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ode%20matchall

www.xmradio.com (You also get the MUSIC channels online via your XM account.)

http://www.xmradio.com/programming/c...age.jsp?ch=175
    Last edited by goreds2; 08-15-2006 at 12:41 PM.

GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Hey! Now I like that one - just for the boombox and being able to listen in my home.

But I don't think the car kit will work in either one of my cars because the systems are not XM Ready.

I have a 97 Mercury Sable with a stock cassette/CD player... and in my other car (which I drive mainly), I just put a new Pioneer system in (see my above post on that). And it too looks like it won't take XM or is XM Ready.
    My van has a cassette player and I run the XM through the cassette deck. I have the roady and it came with one of those cassette adapters. You can also run it over an unused FM frequency which works fine in the house. You can run it through any radio that way, not just one that is "XM ready."

Turn Off Ads?