Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Todd Coffey to Rangers?

Todd Coffey to Rangers?

From mlbtraderumors.com

Let's see what we've got churning in the rumor mill this morning.

Shea Hillenbrand, a player well-liked by his teammates, was designated for assignment last night. Kind of reminds me of the Jose Guillen situation a couple of years ago. Despite the unpleasantness, Bill Stoneman still managed to turn Guillen into Juan Rivera and Maicer Izturis. Let's see how J.P Ricciardi does now that manager John Gibbons has forced him into this situation. As we told you a couple of days ago, Gibbons may follow Hillenbrand out the door. More on this situation in a bit.

A Reds message board rumor has Ian Kinsler going to Cincy and Todd Coffey heading to Texas, among some other components. I don't know if this has any credence to it, just throwing it out there. Doesn't seem logical to me.

The Jeff Keppinger for Ruben Gotay deal is official. Score one for Omar Minaya.

We saw what the Tigers would have to give up for Alfonso Soriano. Apparently, to get Bobby Abreu they'd have to surrender Marcus Thames, Zach Miner, and a lot of money. I'll take option A.

Looking for an aging slugger who can maybe still hit lefties? Sammy Sosa is again making noise about playing again. This is not good for baseball.

Halos Heaven, a blog I know to have good sources, reports that the Orioles want the Angels to have Miguel Tejada. Orlando Cabrera and J.C. Romero could be part of a package.

Word on the street is that Baseball Prospectus injury analyst Will Carroll is in talks with ESPN about a possible job.

A TV program encouraging fans to come and boo Dusty Baker? C'mon, don't kick a man when he's down.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: Todd Coffet to Rangers

They couldnt even link to us??? Hows that for courtesy???

Re: Todd Coffey to Rangers?

Team Clark is famous now
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Retired

I edited the thread title, please don't use misleading thread titles.

I am all for getting Ian Kinsler. Put him at second and move phillips to SS, EE at Third and hopefully voto at first within a year, and we have a really solid infield. With the tejada rumors and now this it seems like krivsky has no plans of clayton being the everyday SS as we make a run at the playoffs. I think he is trying to get someone to either play short or someone to play second and move phillips over. I think he only showed alot of confidence in clayton so that if something didnt work out he at least had clayton. Its at least exciting to see the reds in trade rumors, and actually aquiring not selling everyone off.

Can he be stopped?

Wow, MLbtraderumors is quoting TC as an informant.... cool.

I'm toolsy.

I gave this rumor to mlbtarderumors.com. It was originally listed in TC's post. I was just asking if they had heard anything about it. He sent back an e-mail saying that none of his sources had heard anything, but he would be on the lookout for info. Apparently that was enough for him to post it on his site.

Does the guy at mlb traderumors actually have sources or does he just surf the internet and post everything he reads? Im not doubting him, i go to his site all the time, im just curious if anyone knows more about him.

Quote Originally Posted by dunner13
    Does the guy at mlb traderumors actually have sources or does he just surf the internet and post everything he reads? Im not doubting him, i go to his site all the time, im just curious if anyone knows more about him.
    Thats my guess, just surfs and posts.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Re: Todd Coffet to Rangers

Sorry, don't know how to insert a link

i would love it if we got Ian Kinsler. Great kid.

I hope it doesn't get TC in trouble.

The cajones of the guy to not quote us. Sue'em.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I think TC posts just enough to not get in trouble.

I'm toolsy.

My apologies if I've caused any trouble. I intentionally left the name of the poster and the name of the board out of my inquiry to mlbtraderumors.com so no one could get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    I think TC posts just enough to not get in trouble.
    I hope you're right... he's said some things about previous co-workers and people in the same profession that I would not have said in an open forum. Even if it was all in good, clean fun.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?