Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    61

    Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    Bottom of 9, no outs. Denorfio on 1st and Dunn batting. I don't care if it is Dunn, Bench or Babe Ruth....the batter has to try to sac the baserunner to scoring position. I am not interested in hearing that Dunn is not a good bunter. He isn't a good hitter for average either.

    Narron has to give us a chance in this position. No excuses.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    RotoHester
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Posts
    493

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    I'm sorry, I'm still trying to figure out why he took out EE with the bases loaded and 1 out. EE was 2-2 so far and has been hitting the ball on the screws when he actually gets a chance to play. I am a fan of Hatte, but I just do not understand the move there.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    391

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    I like the EE move. The guys is 2 for 2 and gets yanked for pitch hitter that strikes out. Bases loaded no outs. Freakin classic!!

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    61

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025
    I'm sorry, I'm still trying to figure out why he took out EE with the bases loaded and 1 out. EE was 2-2 so far and has been hitting the ball on the screws when he actually gets a chance to play. I am a fan of Hatte, but I just do not understand the move there.

    I was going to vent on that, too....but, the bottom of the ninth fiasco was just such a basic mistake.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    391

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    What about the second chance to score some runs and you need a sac. fly and the pitch hitter you choose.....Valentin??? WHERE IS GRIFFEY!?!?!?!

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    391

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    This has to be the worst game Narron has managed! Castilleni has to be pissed or at least choking Tom Hanks!!

  8. #7
    Churlish Johnny Footstool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    13,783

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    Bunting Freel to third with none out and your #2 hitter at the plate qualifies as Boone-esque.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

  9. #8
    2009: Fail Ltlabner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    7,441

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    I like the EE move. The guys is 2 for 2 and gets yanked for pitch hitter that strikes out. Bases loaded no outs. Freakin classic!!
    Complain about the EE move all you want. It's peanuts.

    Admiditly hindsight is easer, but the decision to not PH for Arroyo in the 6th, with the bases loaded was a far more significant error. It's not as fun to argue over because it doesn't involve one of the anointed saviors of baseball, but on a real baseball level it had much bigger implications.

    We just got a new bullpen, BA has been rode hard this year and could use some rest and getting some runs would have been nice. Thats the decision that I think has a bigger impact on the game.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

    I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

  10. #9
    GOREDSGO32
    Guest

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    Who cares? All they got was an Aurilia walk out of that inning regardless. How are we going to bash Narron when the players couldn't get a FLY OUT in two innings to drive in a lousy run? Or catch a pop fly that would have continued a game? A routine flyball for God's sake.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    61

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    Who cares? All they got was an Aurilia walk out of that inning regardless. How are we going to bash Narron when the players couldn't get a FLY OUT in two innings to drive in a lousy run? Or catch a pop fly that would have continued a game? A routine flyball for God's sake.

    Aurillia's walk happened after Denorfia was caught stealing after he wasn't sacrificed over. Some people just don't get it.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    158

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    admiditly hindsight is easer, but the decision to not PH for Arroyo in the 6th, with the bases loaded was a far more significant error.
    I think it was the 7th and I could not believe he didn't have anyone warming up when guys were getting on base and a chance the pitcher would bat. I also agree this had to be one of the worst managed games I have ever seen (heard)...unbelievable. It surpassed the blunder he made on Tues night not removing Milton.

  13. #12
    Member smith288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    7,251

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Complain about the EE move all you want. It's peanuts.

    Admiditly hindsight is easer, but the decision to not PH for Arroyo in the 6th, with the bases loaded was a far more significant error. It's not as fun to argue over because it doesn't involve one of the anointed saviors of baseball, but on a real baseball level it had much bigger implications.

    We just got a new bullpen, BA has been rode hard this year and could use some rest and getting some runs would have been nice. Thats the decision that I think has a bigger impact on the game.
    Its not highsight when everyone was banging their heads on the walls AS it happened.

    And leaving Bronson is was correct....he kept us in the game (as he is Arroyo, not Milton) where as Majewski and Mercker did nothing of the sort... Bronson wasnt struggling and he was really looking good. Thats the major difference here.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aurora, Indiana
    Posts
    340

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    Worrying about bunting was the least to worry about in this game. We had 10 hits, and only scored 2 runs.

    Ryan Freel scored our runs this game...RYAN FREEL!!! No one else produced. Bunt or no bunt, you have to drive in runs.

    And definitely, having Arroyo bunt, with the bases loaded....with 2 outs...that has got to be the biggest bonehead move of the century.

  15. #14
    SSG, Red Army Choir Guacarock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    Why the qualifier "temporarily" in the thread title? Narron has exhibited Boone-like tendencies all summer, unfortunately with increasing frequency since he received a two-year contract extension. I'm glad he's feeling more secure. Can't say the same myself.

  16. #15
    Member smith288's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New Albany, OH
    Posts
    7,251

    Re: Narron temporarily transforms to Bob Boone

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken
    Worrying about bunting was the least to worry about in this game. We had 10 hits, and only scored 2 runs.

    Ryan Freel scored our runs this game...RYAN FREEL!!! No one else produced. Bunt or no bunt, you have to drive in runs.

    And definitely, having Arroyo bunt, with the bases loaded....with 2 outs...that has got to be the biggest bonehead move of the century.
    Like you could really know that Napoleon...


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25