Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: The First Concert You Attended

Zoinks!

Re: The First Concert You Attended

Saw the Black Crowes around 99 at the Taft. Helluva show..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    My first concert, I'm ashamed to say was Huey Louis at Bogarts in 1987 or so.

My first real concert (IMO) was AC/DC on the Razors Edge tour in 1991. LA Guns opened for them. They played the Nutter Center which is on the campus of Wright State Universty, where I was attending university.

My favorite concert, however, has been the Black Crowes at Bogarts in Cincinnati. Very reminicent of late 1960's stones.
    Bogart's was a helluva venue when I was in college. Saw BBKing, Violent Femmes, Buddy Guy, 10,000 Maniacs, B-52s...and a bunch of other bands there from 88-91. That and Cat's Cradle in Chapel Hill (Southern Culture on the Skids, Whiskeytown, Nut Zippers) are the best two places I've ever been to.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    (Southern Culture on the Skids, Whiskeytown, Nut Zippers) are the best two places I've ever been to.
    I've seen S.C.O.T.S at The Southgate House...their concerts are always a great time.

Somewhat reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by minus5
    Saw the Black Crowes around 99 at the Taft. Helluva show..
    I was at that show, and you are quite correct. I was sicker than a dog that night, but still had a good time. They put on an outstanding show every time out — that's why I always try to catch them when they pass through.
    The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445
    1976 at the Cincinnati Coliseum
    Elvis 2nd row in front of the stage.. at the end many panties flew up on the stage.. it was my birthday present from my aunt.
    I can't believe someone would throw their panties at Elvis Costello.

My first 3 concerts were all in Riverfront Coliseum. First was Peter Frampton and I can't remember who was the warmup band. The concert itself was almost an exact duplication of the Frampton Comes Alive album...listening to the album still causes flashb...er, conjures up memories of the show. The second was Ted Nugent with some unknown band named AC/DC warming up for him. Bon Scott and Angus Young made Ted's superior sound system and pyrotechnics seem like a letdown with their pure energy and showmanship. My third concert was the Who in '79. 'Nuff said. I didn't go to another concert for almost a year and still haven't been to another one in Cincinnati. Pink Floyd in Madison Square Garden would have to be my all-time favorite though.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
    "Against the Wind" tour
    1980 - Riverfront Coliseum

I've changed a little over the years as my favorite recent concert was Alison Krauss and Union Station on the lawn of the Biltmore.
    Last edited by flyer85; 08-03-2006 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Cabesa
    Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
    "Against the Wind" tour
    1980 - Riverfront Coliseum
    I went to see Sabbath in 77 or 76, Bob Seger opened for him, stole the show... Sabbath was bloated and sounded like muddy water.

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion
    I can't believe someone would throw their panties at Elvis Costello.

My first 3 concerts were all in Riverfront Coliseum. First was Peter Frampton and I can't remember who was the warmup band. The concert itself was almost an exact duplication of the Frampton Comes Alive album...listening to the album still causes flashb...er, conjures up memories of the show. The second was Ted Nugent with some unknown band named AC/DC warming up for him. Bon Scott and Angus Young made Ted's superior sound system and pyrotechnics seem like a letdown with their pure energy and showmanship. My third concert was the Who in '79. 'Nuff said. I didn't go to another concert for almost a year and still haven't been to another one in Cincinnati. Pink Floyd in Madison Square Garden would have to be my all-time favorite though.
    I was at same Frampton and Nugent concerts. Frampton was great...I had the same double live album. Ted swung in on a vine and that was about the only highlight after the way AC/DC ripped it up.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    I was at same Frampton and Nugent concerts. Frampton was great...I had the same double live album. Ted swung in on a vine and that was about the only highlight after the way AC/DC ripped it up.
    One of the worsts concerts I've seen is Nugent. It was in the late 1990's at Riverbend and it was horrible. I think the opening act was Chris Duarte and he was decent. Nugent came on and appeared to be totally bored and going through the motions. It was dull and not very loud at all. My buddy and I, in the 2nd row, were talking to eachother in normal voices through out the show.

It would have been better if you put his "greatest hits" album on the PA system and blasted it. I was completley dissapointed since The Nuge is one of my favorites.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 08-04-2006 at 04:14 PM.

Turn Off Ads?