Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The First Concert You Attended

Re: The First Concert You Attended

My parents wouldn't let me go to a concert until I was 18, so my first was Incubus in 2001. I loved it, and Incubus is still my favorite band!!
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    La Dolce Vita

Embarrassingly enough...Sonny & Cher somewhere in Louisville...when a sophomore or junior at Frankfort High School (probably 1964)
    teach tolerance.

1984- Peter Paul and Mary, okay I was 5 when I saw that.

The first concert I saw that I meant to see was Brian Setzer Orchestra at Bogarts probably early 90's. They hadn't hit their second 15 minutes of fame yet, and my friend and I were probably the only people under 40 at the show.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Billy Joel at Riverfront Coliseum, November 1982.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Oh I thought that was the furball mascot doing that darn cowbell at the game.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

First: 1985 - Deep Purple at the Rochester (NY) War Memorial.

Best: Hard to completely say but Santana stands out, 1988, Long Branch Park, Syracuse, NY .

Worst: Starship - 1987, Weedsport Motor Speedway. At least I didnt pay - I was working the show as a promotions intern for WKFM in Syracuse.

2 Weeks ago I went to my first "real" concert in years - Sammy Hagar and "The Other Half" - I may have had the best time I ever had at a show. May have been the tequilla.
    Last edited by deltachi8; 07-21-2006 at 06:28 PM.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Best: Paul McCartney 1990/David Bowie 1989
    Worst: The Rolling Stones 1994(I think) Voodoo Lounge tour, the only show I have ever left early, easily worst sound/playing of any show I have ever been to.
    Loudest: Oasis 1996 or 1997
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Barry11
    My parents wouldn't let me go to a concert until I was 18, so my first was Incubus in 2001. I loved it, and Incubus is still my favorite band!!
    Really? Their new stuff makes me want to vomit. A far cry from something like "A certain shade of green".

Anyhoo, my first concert was Lita Ford @ Geauga Lake in Aurora, OH. My friend Bobby Robinson got pulled up on stage by her, and he was so in shock he didn't know what to do. It was great. We were in Jr. High.

My first real concert was Lollapalooza '93 @ the old Buckeye Lake. That was the year with Primus, Chains, Rage, Tool (on the second stage), Arrested Development, etc...

'92 was the year with Pearl Jam, and the mud slide @ Blossom. I was supposed to go, but my mother wouldn't let me
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I was there the year before, when Janes Addiction headlined, I had front row seats... the whole lawn rushed the stage and it was one waving giant mass of humanity down in the pavillion, easily one of the top 5 shows I've ever seen, and I've been to at least 400 shows of the rock variety.
    That would be '91 sir. I wish I would have been there.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Billy Joel- An Innocent Man tour 1983- Riverfront Coliseum.

Later that summer I saw Men at Work with the Raisins at Timberwolf.

I was supposed to go, but my mother wouldn't let me
    Back in the day I never even thought of that happening, I just said I wanted to go and had to get the tickets for myself, my folks didn't even think twice about it.

Hurray for the 70's!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Billy Joel- An Innocent Man tour 1983- Riverfront Coliseum.

Later that summer I saw Men at Work with the Raisins at Timberwolf.
    I saw INXS open for Men at Work at Timberwolf the summer of '83. Sounds like we had a similar concert year.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
    Really? Their new stuff makes me want to vomit. A far cry from something like "A certain shade of green".
    Well, to each his or her own, I suppose. I guess I don't have the best taste in music.
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

my first concert was reo speedwagon back in 1982...survivor opened for them with 'eye of the tiger'...when the song first came out, i really liked it, but by the time of the concert, the song was WAY overplayed and the crowd pretty much hated...reo was great...that was the first of about 6 times that i've seen them...illinois band thing my i-pod is loaded with tons of their songs...

survivor opened for them with 'eye of the tiger'...when the song first came out, i really liked it, but by the time of the concert, the song was WAY overplayed and the crowd pretty much hated..
    My friends assistant principal was from Chicago and he played the "Eye of the Tiger" every morning on the high school PA.

Turn Off Ads?