Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: The First Concert You Attended

Re: The First Concert You Attended

Quote Originally Posted by minus5
    Hey I was at that show too.
    I was 12 at the time--my MOM (!) took my best friend and me to see it.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    I was 12 at the time--my MOM (!) took my best friend and me to see it.
    I was 16 and one of my high school teachers dropped my and my buddys off right after school in Newport so we could eat some Dixie Chili and walk across the bridge. After concert...walk back across for some more Dixie Chili and wait for a ride...back in the day that cars weren't just handed to you when you turned 16.

Lynard Skynard, 3 Doors Down, and Shooter Jennings, just a few weeks ago.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    Lynard Skynard, 3 Doors Down, and Shooter Jennings, just a few weeks ago.
    I saw Shooter when he was a kid. Waylon used to let him play perscussion in his band so he banged on some congas (you couldn't hear him) during Waylon's show when he was like 11 or 12.

Quote Originally Posted by minus5
    I saw Shooter when he was a kid. Waylon used to let him play perscussion in his band so he banged on some congas (you couldn't hear him) during Waylon's show when he was like 11 or 12.
    That's a kids job, I saw Steve Earle a few years ago and his kid played a trashcan, still Michael Stipe playing a chair with a medal rod during the Green Tour was the oddest use of percussion since Jim Dandy's washboard solos.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    That's a kids job, I saw Steve Earle a few years ago and his kid played a trashcan, still Michael Stipe playing a chair with a medal rod during the Green Tour was the oddest use of percussion since Jim Dandy's washboard solos.

I saw deacon lunchbox play a bomb with a hammer.

School's out. What did you expect?

Jimi Hendrix, 1968, at a small club in Madison Wisconsin. Jimi was not overated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    Jimi Hendrix, 1968, at a small club in Madison Wisconsin. Jimi was not overated.
    This is about the time I was in the 8th grade and my school had an ice skating party at Cincinnati Gardens (the practice rink area) on the same day that Hendrix was going to play the Gardens. When I went to use the restroom, what do I hear but Hendrix practicing up in the hall. Wow, for a kid who had no chance of going to that concert, it was great to hear!

Anyone remember the band called the Godz?

I hated this band, but the guy I shared a house with played them constantly.

It was mindless, repetitive, dribble.

I guess they're still around.....

http://www.thegodz.net/
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    This is about the time I was in the 8th grade and my school had an ice skating party at Cincinnati Gardens (the practice rink area) on the same day that Hendrix was going to play the Gardens. When I went to use the restroom, what do I hear but Hendrix practicing up in the hall. Wow, for a kid who had no chance of going to that concert, it was great to hear!
    I used to hear how when the Monkees TV show hit it big and they went on their first national tour, some genius booked the still unknown Hendrix as their opening act. As I recall, Hendrix was soon replaced by a more teen friendly person. But i always thought about some innocent young girl going to see Davey jones, and theres this really wierd scary guy making all this loud music and singing Purple Haze. It must have warped their fragil little minds. Hell, Jimi warped my fragil little mind. Still does.

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I saw Frank Zappa play the bicycle on the Steve Allen Show.

1976 at the Cincinnati Coliseum
    Elvis 2nd row in front of the stage.. at the end many panties flew up on the stage.. it was my birthday present from my aunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman
    I used to hear how when the Monkees TV show hit it big and they went on their first national tour, some genius booked the still unknown Hendrix as their opening act. As I recall, Hendrix was soon replaced by a more teen friendly person. But i always thought about some innocent young girl going to see Davey jones, and theres this really wierd scary guy making all this loud music and singing Purple Haze. It must have warped their fragil little minds. Hell, Jimi warped my fragil little mind. Still does.
    My mother went to see the Monkees when Hendrix was opening for them, she said the crowd booed him relentlessly, she couldn't even hear him from the boos.
    Go Gators!

These are the same morons....who on an American Bandstand show in January of 1967.... about 5 of these... Herman Hermit's/Association loving types said that the Monkees were better than the Beatles.

Thewn they showed the promotional film of "Strawberry Fields Forever"...
    sample comments...

"They are ruining their image."
    "Those moustaches and goatees make them look old."

Not even a word about one of the most progressive songs ever released....
    all about some stupid image that died in the middle of 1965, right before Rubber Soul was released.

It was like watching the 60's version of TRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger
    These are the same morons....who on an American Bandstand show in January of 1967.... about 5 of these... Herman Hermit's/Association loving types said that the Monkees were better than the Beatles.

Thewn they showed the promotional film of "Strawberry Fields Forever"...
    sample comments...

"They are ruining their image."
    "Those moustaches and goatees make them look old."

Not even a word about one of the most progressive songs ever released....
    all about some stupid image that died in the middle of 1965, right before Rubber Soul was released.

It was like watching the 60's version of TRL.
    I just saw the clip for that show awhile back.

I really don't think Dick Clark cared for the Beatles - and mainly due to the fact they never appeared on his show.

The responses were typical teenie bopper responses. They were still holding onto the 4 moptops who sang "She Loves You" and "I Want To Hold Your Hand".
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?