Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott Williamson

Scott Williamson

I know the Reds have added bullpen help, but I read Jayson Stark saying Williamson could be add for an A ball type player. Why wouldn't the Reds do that? I would if that's all it would take. Opinions?

I really would like to add a bat, but I think the bat to be added is Edwin Encarnacion in the lineup on an everday basis....NOT pinch hitting for him with the bases loaded.

Anyway, thoughts on a Scott Williamson deal if the Cubs just want to dump him?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Scott Williamson

I think if it's a deal like the Braves just made for Wickman then sure you do it. For example the backup catcher at Sarasota, but if they want someone with any potential, then I don't know if you try.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Do it. Even if it's for a pitching prospect (not Homer Bailey). I'd rather have a major leaguer that's still decently young, and could have a bright future out of the pen, as opposed to a guy that's not even made it there yet.

I would say the only thing bright in Williamson's future is the light shining over the operating table. I wouldn't give up much anything more than low A player to get Williamson.

I'd do it if the price was cheap. Why not?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    I'd do it if the price was cheap. Why not?
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy
    I agree
    That's what I was thinking. You know with his injury history and the fact that I believe he is a free agent after the season, he will come cheap. I say the Reds should do it as well. Make the call Wayne...

I think I'd rather watch Scott Williamson pitching left-handed than endure Joe Mays pitching right-handed.

I would make the deal, but with relief pitching in so much demand I think someone will overpay to get him. There's no reason for the Reds to overpay fo r Williamson... didn't we just do that?

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Arm go boom again soon.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Dicken
    Do it. Even if it's for a pitching prospect (not Homer Bailey). I'd rather have a major leaguer that's still decently young, and could have a bright future out of the pen, as opposed to a guy that's not even made it there yet.
    Travis Wood? Phil Dumatrait? Tyler Pelland? Calvin Medlock? Come on.. this team has thrived on needing pitching and you want to dump an arm to get Scott Williamson who has hardly seen batters since the Reds dealt him. I would love to have Willy back.. Rookie Of The Year winner, former All-Star. But I just can't see dealing a pitching prospect for someone you don't know how many innings he has left in him. I would however part ways with a low A ball position player

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Baseball Tonight thinks Williamson will end up here by the deadline....for what it's worth.

Trust me, I would love to see Scott back in a Red's uniform and back where he belongs, but I also believe we shouldn't give up anything more than just a 'filler' arm if you know what I mean, despite what level that arm be at. If we have to give up a prospect then we nix the deal. I think Scott would add a little more stability not only to the bullpen which we STILL need after the last big trade but also to the Reds clubhouse as well which is a spot where it is overlooked in my opinion.

Is he better than what the Reds have now? His numbers seem to be inflating over the last month, and his health seems to be headed downward.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Sanchez
    I would say the only thing bright in Williamson's future is the light shining over the operating table.

I think it's definitely worth exploring, especially if it's for an "A" ball prospect.

Turn Off Ads?