Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Want to go to Saturday's game?

Re: Want to go to Saturday's game?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Some insurance company bought 20,000 tickets is what I heard on the radio.

"When Joe Mays was torched for the umpteenth time, State Farm was there."
    Last edited by Gandalf the Red; 07-21-2006 at 09:09 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't know if Joe Mays has kids but I hope none of them ever read this thread, just brutal.............but seriously more than that for thier sake I hope none of them ever see him pitch.
    "Mommy, why do the fire men follow daddy to work?"

Quote Originally Posted by RedsNeck
    Free baseballs to every fan in the left field seats courtesy Joe Mays!!

Yes! I have 4th row bleachers seats. Send one to me Joe .
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

0-3 in sell-out games this season.

Speaking of promotions, are there any dates left for the Straight A tickets? I went to the game last tuesday night and was overwhelmed with roaming packs of 12-14 yr olds. I wouldn't have picked that game to get tickets to had I known that was one of the A nights.
    "When the Russians conquer America, they will recruit concentration camp guards from among Cardinals fans."

It is difficult to imagine why we would send Joe Mays out in front of a sellout crowd. It seems like this has been the trend this year, though...give us a sellout a crowd to play in front of and we will put a terrible product on display. Give us a game in front of 1,000 fans ending past 1:00 AM and we will rally like champions, though. The best thing that could happen for us tonight would be for the skies to open after the first or second inning and turn this into a bullpen game. It's funny...I would have never dreamed before the All-Star break that I would be wishing for a bullpen game...but I truly see that as our best chance of winning tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanparkersongs
    It is difficult to imagine why we would send Joe Mays out
    You could've stopped right there and had the most accurate post of the year.

Would of been a good night for a Homer.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryanparkersongs
    It is difficult to imagine why we would send Joe Mays out in front of a sellout crowd. It seems like this has been the trend this year, though...give us a sellout a crowd to play in front of and we will put a terrible product on display.
    Make no mistake... the ONLY reason this is a sellout is b/c of a silly giveaway. It is not b/c of the REDS, the Brewers or the love of MLB. When the REDS best pitchers (Harang & Arroyo) start at home this year, the REDS avg. 25,486 people. They avg. 26,256 in all home games this year.... or more when the top 2 starters do not pitch.

Mays is throwing tonight b/c it is his turn in the rotation. While some of us would rather have Harang or Arroyo on the mound with 2 or 3 days rest (1 day rest!), it is always best to keep those guys on the 5-day rotation. With no off-days, the rotation calls for #5 on this day.

Home games with 35K+ in attendance
    (1) Opening Day... Harang. LOSS
    (2) May 27... Harang. LOSS
    (3) June 8... Ramirez. LOSS
    (4) June 17... Milton. LOSS
    (5) July 1... Mays. LOSS
    (6) July 2... Milton. LOSS
    (7) July 15... Arroyo. WIN

Moral of the story (seems to be)... the REDS do better with less home fans in attendance!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Turn Off Ads?