Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doesen't "Postponed" mean "Cancelled" ?

Re: Doesen't "Postponed" mean "Cancelled" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis
    You're not wrong.

It was reported first as being postponed (or canceled) on most broadcast stations, from ESPN to Fox Sports, then after about an hour of being "canceled", it "switched" back to "delayed".

I'm sure 1000's of people got screwed just like you.
    I almost got screwed by this. Me and my wife were at a friends house feeding their cats while they were away for the weekend. I turned on the TV to ESPNNews to get an update and it said PPD. So I thought that was it. WHen I got home about 10 I came to REDSZONE to see when they had rescheduled it. I thought maybe a DH today or tomorrow. I clicked on the game thread and there it was. In the 2nd inning. So I went downstairs and turned it on and watched the rest of the game. Thank goodness for REDSZONE or I would have missed a great comeback! BTW the bullpen was great again last night!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

if i hadn't been checking redszone's game thread, i would have thought the game was really cancelled as well...i have the extra innings package and once i saw "postponed", i turned off the channel...just for the heck of it, i happened to open the game thread where some posters were saying that they were still waiting for the official status of the game...luckily, i ended up seeing most of the game, but it really did tick me off how they showed "postponed" instead of delayed...i almost ordered a pay per view movie last night...

haha.. i was at the bar, and luckily i'm not on the east coast.. so i happened to catch the start of the game at a decent hour(9ish?) - i guess sometimes it does benefit to live out West.. sorry guys, but at least our Reds won right?
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?