Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RUMOR: The search is on for Jose Rijo

GOREDSGO32

RUMOR: The search is on for Jose Rijo

From a Cincinnati rumor blog:

The Reds, in search of a 5th reliever after being held so far by Dave Williams, the injured Brandon Claussen, and now Joe Mays have went to final measures to shore up the rotation: calling once again on Reds legend Jose Rijo, also 1990 World Series MVP.

The veteran pitcher who's career was cut short and after several comeback attempts, came back for a short time for the Reds a few years ago to have a solid season.

A Reds official said, "At this point we don't know where he is, the man hasn't been seen for several years."

The Reds have dispatched a search team deep into the Congo Jungle, where Rijo spottings have happened sporatically over the years. Legend has it, Rijo is searching for a rare plant that has been known to repair arms and return them to a state of strength of a 22 year old pitcher. The last attempt by a pitcher - former Red Josias Manzinillo - failed, and he has not been heard of since.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RUMOR: The search is on for Jose Rijo

haha, that got a laugh out of me. I wish we could find someone to pitch even mediocre in that 5th spot

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOREDSGO32
    From a Cincinnati rumor blog:

The Reds, in search of a 5th reliever after being held so far by Dave Williams, the injured Brandon Claussen, and now Joe Mays have went to final measures to shore up the rotation: calling once again on Reds legend Jose Rijo, also 1990 World Series MVP.

The veteran pitcher who's career was cut short and after several comeback attempts, came back for a short time for the Reds a few years ago to have a solid season.

A Reds official said, "At this point we don't know where he is, the man hasn't been seen for several years."

The Reds have dispatched a search team deep into the Congo Jungle, where Rijo spottings have happened sporatically over the years. Legend has it, Rijo is searching for a rare plant that has been known to repair arms and return them to a state of strength of a 22 year old pitcher. The last attempt by a pitcher - former Red Josias Manzinillo - failed, and he has not been heard of since.
    Sounds to me like you have been dippin into Jose's cigar stash.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

If we're going after former stars with hurt arms lets go for Soto
    Go Gators!

Can he be stopped?

I'd take Jose over Mays even if Rijo had to throw with his left foot...

Heck, I'd take Christy Brown too...
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

He's such a good guy, Jose would probably do it. His arm is attached to his body with more screws than a Sauder desk, after all of the surgeries he's had. I'd hate to see it fall off on the mound.
    /r/reds

The search squad consisted of Rich Hinton, Dick Baney and Joe Henderson. When Rijo could not be located in Zimbabwe, the party returned and offered their own services to management

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    The search squad consisted of Rich Hinton, Dick Baney and Joe Henderson. When Rijo could not be located in Zimbabwe, the party returned and offered their own services to management
    No search party is completed without Mel Behney. Or Ben Hayes.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

All the Reds have to do is look over at Washington because that's where he is along with a ton of other former Reds like Kearns, Lopez, Guillen, Barry Larkin and Jim Bowden.

heck, we've got a perfectly healthy tom hume right now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny-Distefano
    heck, we've got a perfectly healthy tom hume right now!!!
    Start him
    Go Gators!

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Send in Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer, that would turn up results(or dead bodies).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Fuel
    All the Reds have to do is look over at Washington because that's where he is along with a ton of other former Reds like Kearns, Lopez, Guillen, Barry Larkin and Jim Bowden.
    Aren't you forgetting Davey Johnson as well?

What about Nuxhall??
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

Turn Off Ads?