Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm disappointed in the front office on this Mays ordeal

I'm disappointed in the front office on this Mays ordeal

40,000 fans coming to see the Reds on a sellout Saturday and all the better the Reds can do is start Joe Mays?

Pathetic.

The front office has done terrific acquiring Arroyo, Phillips, Ross, Mewjewski, Bray, etc..............but the inability to find a better 5th starter for a big game like today is inexcusable.

They make a big trade to buffer the bullpen and encourage the team that they're trying to win this thing and THEN THEY START JOE MAYS?

Give me a break. I think it sent a bad message to the players and fans today starting this guy.

I never wanted to rush Homer Bailey..........but I would bet a million dollars that as a 5th starter his e.r.a. will never approach 8.00 even as a clueless rookie.

This team is leading the wild card and the front office can do no better than JOE MAYS?

They have to do better than that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I'm disappointed in the front office on this Mays ordeal

I really wish they'd go after Elmer Dessens. He's had a couple of very good years (1 with Cincy, of course), and Krivsky wouldn't hardly have to give up anything. He can't go past the 5th inning, but he'd fill the role of 5th starter adequately - then move to the bullpen once they find a true 5th.

The Reds won, I would think most of the fans were happy leaving the ballpark.

I agree on Mays, but starting a rookie to quick in front of a sold out crowd might not be the best thing either. I would bet money Mays will be DFA tomorrow if not sooner. I think this was his last chance. Even bullpen by committee is a better idea then Mays at this point. Hopefully Claussen, Belise, anyone can do it.

They took a flier on him that he could return to his Twins day form. He hasn't, and probably will get DFA'd tommorow, and we will go out and get another starter. This is the same type of move they made with BP, Ross, and Everyday Eddie, but those worked out and this one didn't........they can't all work out. So we will cut our losses and try and find a starter.............or we will not DFA Mays and me and you both will be whining over how stupid the FO is to keep Mays...lol

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Mays doesn't even have to be DFA'd. He has a minor league contract.
    Send him to Louisville. Bring Germano or Gosling up for a start, if something better can't be found in time.

Whatever Krivsky owed Mays from their Twins days...it's paid. He got his shot..blew it.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper
    Mays doesn't even have to be DFA'd. He has a minor league contract.
    Send him to Louisville. Bring Germano or Gosling up for a start, if something better can't be found in time.

Whatever Krivsky owed Mays from their Twins days...it's paid. He got his shot..blew it.
    Wouldn't it be more fun to DFA him? I think it would. What a stellar group he would join: Williams, White, Hammond, Yan. Pretty good stuff there. Am I forgetting anyone?
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

DFA and appease the masses
    Go Gators!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    DFA and appease the masses
    No problem with a DFA from me. The point I was making is that you can send if down if you want to.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook
    Wouldn't it be more fun to DFA him? I think it would. What a stellar group he would join: Williams, White, Hammond, Yan. Pretty good stuff there. Am I forgetting anyone?
    Womack
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Maybe we could keep Mays around to pitch batting practice to Jr.? Hitting off of Mays might give Jr. the confidence he needs to break out of his slump
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Gary Redus Ruled

Send something to the twinkies for Lohse. Do it Wayne.
    Hoping for another Reds October

Cubs Suck!

don't forget our boy Q, he didn't pitch but he might as well have.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I'll bet most of those fans wouldn't know Joe Mays from Willie Mays. They came because of the two promotions that happened tonight.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I'll bet most of those fans wouldn't know Joe Mays from Willie Mays. They came because of the two promotions that happened tonight.
    What two promotions? I only know of one.... and it was Reds matchbox corvettes to only 10,000 fans 18 or younger. I don't think that brings out 41,000 plus flans.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?