Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The next 2 weeks.....

The next 2 weeks.....

Over the next 2 weeks we will have the oppurtunity to really lay a firm hold on a post season birth. We will play the Brewers, Astros, and Braves (both are currently 6 out of the WC chase), and can for all intensive purposes knock them out of the race with a sweep or even a series 2 out of 3 win. We then have the Cards at home for 4, and should have an idea if we are in the division hunt or not. Imo this is the biggest stretch the Reds have had this late in the season since 99. If we come up big here it goes along way in insuring a postseason birth (becuase our schedule is gravy in Sept)........if we tank over the next 2 weeks it goes along way in insuring us another unfullfilled season.

Either way it feels good to be playing meaningfull games heading into August!!! Hope they can stay hot and bury some of our competitors along the way.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Can he be stopped?

Re: The next 2 weeks.....

hahaha... "intensive purposes"

for all intents and purposes.... and I'm pretty sure in this case its spelled "ensure". Like the old folks drink.

But yeah, good point.

I can't wait for a postseason birth either. Wonder if it will be a boy or a girl?

Can he be stopped?

Haha, I stopped reading after a while, the mistakes got to me... Missed the "berth" bit.

you guys are brutal
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

truth is stranger than friction

The "gravy" teams are the ones who always give the Reds trouble....
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Can he be stopped?

Well at lest we got rid of our Gravy last year. He can go cry about his home to a reporter again.

I agree, this is a defining two weeks for our Redlegs
    Let's make some noise!

I think that beating the Brewers 2 of 3 says a lot about the club. If they can go out and get a little more hitting, I think they will win the wild card.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    I think that beating the Brewers 2 of 3 says a lot about the club. If they can go out and get a little more hitting, I think they will win the wild card.
    You meant pitching, right?
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81
    You meant pitching, right?
    really both, but hitting is going to become a problem when the Reds go on the road. I think they need someone with a little pop in the bat to come off the bench. Dewayne Wise isn't cutting it. I really think that Belisle could be the answer the the rotation when he comes back.

There are deals out there that the Reds could do that would bring both back. I know that Detroit and the White Sox both need left handed hitting. The both have starting pitching to deal.

As far as hitting, that's really a tough one. I know that Ryan Klesko will be available when he comes back to San Diego. I don't know if he would do too well off the bench, but he could be had for very little considering he is a free agent after the season. It would cost the Reds around 4 million for the rest of the season for Klesko.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    really both, but hitting is going to become a problem when the Reds go on the road. I think they need someone with a little pop in the bat to come off the bench. Dewayne Wise isn't cutting it. I really think that Belisle could be the answer the the rotation when he comes back.

There are deals out there that the Reds could do that would bring both back. I know that Detroit and the White Sox both need left handed hitting. The both have starting pitching to deal.

As far as hitting, that's really a tough one. I know that Ryan Klesko will be available when he comes back to San Diego. I don't know if he would do too well off the bench, but he could be had for very little considering he is a free agent after the season. It would cost the Reds around 4 million for the rest of the season for Klesko.
    If we could get Klesko cheap, I wouldn't be opposed. I'm worried that hitting could become a problem, but I'd rather see that 5th starter position fixed first.

Now, if Belisle is the solution there, then hitting takes priority there.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81
    If we could get Klesko cheap, I wouldn't be opposed. I'm worried that hitting could become a problem, but I'd rather see that 5th starter position fixed first.

Now, if Belisle is the solution there, then hitting takes priority there.
    Hopefully Claussen will come back and pitch like his hair is on fire as well.

Turn Off Ads?