Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Joe Mays still in the rotation, let alone on the team?

Why is Joe Mays still in the rotation, let alone on the team?

No. 1
    This guy got discarded from the Kansas City Royals.

No. 2
    He has given up 16 runs in his last 16.1 IP (3 outings).

We're a game up in the wild card standings and four back in the central. We don't have "games" to throw away.

We don't have the offense to outslug teams anymore and that is what it's going to take tonight with Mays on the mound.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why is Joe Mays still in the rotation, let alone on the team?

Uhm... What True option do we have? Without rushing a Homer up?

Soon as BC is ready, Mays is bye-bye.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffeyFan
    No. 1
    This guy got discarded from the Kansas City Royals.

No. 2
    He has given up 16 runs in his last 16.1 IP (3 outings).

We're a game up in the wild card standings and four back in the central. We don't have "games" to throw away.

We don't have the offense to outslug teams anymore and that is what it's going to take tonight with Mays on the mound.

I can recall that we had the same problem with offensive production when we had Kearns and Lopez, let alone without them. I can't recall how many times Kearns struck out when there were men in scoring position, or Lopez hitting in a DP. The trade is done, let it go people. Stop beating a dead horse.

Well put. Why? Because we obviously have NO ONE else anywhere who can remotely start right now. If Mays has to start, that is the sad, hard, straight skinny, boyz!

Very sad...and PLEASE don't dare bring back the Claussen pickle! I miss him like an african bird flu!

Quote Originally Posted by CincyReds2003
    I can recall that we had the same problem with offensive production when we had Kearns and Lopez, let alone without them. I can't recall how many times Kearns struck out when there were men in scoring position, or Lopez hitting in a DP. The trade is done, let it go people. Stop beating a dead horse.
    I'm not complaining about the trade in the least. My post has nothing to do with the trade in fact.

There has got to be better options in the minors. Until BC is ready, we just need someone in this spot to keep us in the game. Mays has proven he can put us out of the game very quickly.

The depressing part is, if Mays is lucky enough to keep them in the game through 5 innings tonight, Narron will leave him in until he inevitably blows up.
    Last edited by fielder's choice; 07-22-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fielder's choice
    The depressing part is, if Mays is lucky enough to keep them in the game through 5 innings tonight, Narron will leave him in until he inevitably blows up.
    Agreed.

A rule should be posted that if Mays or Milton go 5 without giving up 5 runs they should be praised then pulled.
    Go Gators!

cant three relievers pitch three innings each?

I agree with everyone's opinion of Mays, but it always seems like whenever a player gets ripped on here before a game, he usually ends up having a good game. I can only hope that just maybe, the same thing will happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Agreed.

A rule should be posted that if Mays or Milton go 5 without giving up 5 runs they should be praised then pulled.
    For real.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffeyFan
    I'm not complaining about the trade in the least. My post has nothing to do with the trade in fact.

There has got to be better options in the minors. Until BC is ready, we just need someone in this spot to keep us in the game. Mays has proven he can put us out of the game very quickly.

I agree with you that there is a better option in the minors(not Bailey, because we can't rush the kid and screw up like we did with Wagner) than Mays, and I misperceived your comment concerning the production, thinking it was another rant about the trade.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

If he gets his head kicked in.....I'm sorry, WHEN he gets his head kicked in tonight, I hope a pink slip is waiting in his locker...I can't watch anymore of his suckiness...

Krivsky has to make another deal. But which players do you want to give up?
    Everyone complained about the relievers and he got some guys with good numbers and people complained about who the Reds traded. Fans need to either be willing for the Reds to give up talent to get talent or stop complaining and accept what we have.

Why not bring up Germano?

He's been having a pretty decent year in Louisville. Not outstanding, but better than Mays for sure.

He's given up only 11 home runs in 117 innings with an ERA of 3.69. Not very many K's at all, but oh well. Not like Mays has K's either.

I don't see how you don't at least give him a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    I agree with everyone's opinion of Mays, but it always seems like whenever a player gets ripped on here before a game, he usually ends up having a good game. I can only hope that just maybe, the same thing will happen here.
    Well.... He didn't have a good game! Gone in the 4th. This has to be his last game as a Red.

Turn Off Ads?